2009 Member Rates

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by JanScott, Sep 23, 2008.

1. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Thanks Terry,

May I ask where your info came from? I am wondering just in case I have to quote the rates when we book. Had that issue last year when we booked for May and August...the rate over the phone was higher than the posted rate on the premier site. Needless to say when I quoted the posted rate I got an "ooops my mistake" on the rate from the customer service rep.

Thanks again.

Scott

2. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    All the research I've ever done on this (you can do search and see this AI fee subject usually comes up every year) Temptations should be in that mid 70's to about low $80's at best. This is compared to other resorts in the area with at least the same amenities or more then Temptations and based on RCI's website stated AI fee a day.

Also many resorts(90% of them) have the same fee year around. It doesn't cost more to have us as guest on Feb. 13 or Aug 7, or Dec. 26.

Nick and Renee

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    You're right Nick,

And that's where they could make being a member so much better. All hotels charge more when it's in season for their area, but it doesn't necessarily cost more to stay there. So if they know it costs $70 a day for AI then they could look at the $300 a night room over Christmas as a bonus from the direct sales folks and the members could look at the $140 plus contract price as a bonus for being a member.

Another opportunity missed.

Jamie

4. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My birthday is April 2 and we like to go over that week. We had already decided that we would wait until after Easter next year because of friends going then. But I checked Expedia.com just out of curoisty and for the week over the 2nd, It is just about the same price if I booked seperate flights and the AI fees or went with expedia. It would be around $2600.00 either way.

But like I said, we had already decided to wait and go around the 18th. Now that is one hell of a difference. That changes the AI fees alone from $1652.00 to $1176.00. $476.00 difference. Now to me, that just doesn't seem like there is anyway for them to justify that big of a difference for a 1 week different time period. I gotta agree that this is a bunch of shit. They want us to pay $118.00 per person per night for a room that is no way worth it. When we went this past April, (middle to near the end) they were only at around 60% occupancy. Some days got down in the high 40ish percent. So with this kind of increase what do they think next year will be like. It doesn't take a genious to figure out that most people are gonna wait that extra week or 2 to save that kind of money. Can anyone say dah?

5. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Scott the info came from premier rep Alex Flamerco. Have saved the email if you need it. Beverly wait and go in May when it is looking like we will go next. Wanted to go New Years but who can afford it, found a good flight price to go then but cant afford th AI fee. Terry

6. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I never understood the jack up during Christmas and NYE. One year we where looking at going at that time. When we checked around on the net it was no more then if we went in Nov. or Jan.. Yet as a Premier member I pay almost double my normal AI fee. Must be that Mexican math that Chinos talks about.

Nick and Renee

7. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    If you could forward me the e-mail from Alex that would be great :) That way we also have a real live person that we can also talk (e-mail anywyas) to about things. Have no fear, no intent to rip him a new one or anything like that...just looking for info etc. Thanks Terry

8. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Nmarck

I am not a member and have been having trouble finding a deal for two for less than $3500. Any ideas on good websites? All of the major ones have been about the same. Thanks. Leaving Iowa or somewhere nearby.

9. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    try alpha rooms...........then all the airlines you can google.

if you decide to book with alpha rooms, make sure you go through the link Steve has on here so he gets credit for it

may the force be with you!!!!

10. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Anyone get the promo email from Premier about the introductory rates at Cabos? It would be nice to have these rates in Cancun.

$60 ppd Feb 20 to Mar 1
    $87 ppd Mar 2 to April 12
    $65 ppd from April 13 to Dec 25.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice