20 year old female Moving to Cancun Spring Break 2009

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Lauren105, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Lauren105

Lauren105 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey I'm almost 19 and planning on moving to Cancun for spring break 2009. Im hoping to go for vacation during spring break and just stay. A friend of mine was going to move with me but decided against it so right now I'm going alone for themoving part.

Was wondering if anyone was interested in being a travel/moving buddy.. hopefully close to the same age..

I'd also like to meet a few people who already currently live there so I'm not so lonely when I get there..

anyone interested?

2. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to personally recommend t.j. for this job. He has a unique perspective on life in cancun and think he is ideally suited.

3. eddie.willers

eddie.willers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Troll or no?
    Duck Test time, methinks.

4. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is my very 1st post on this forum. I cannot say how much valuable information I have been able to find about transitoning (moving to Cancun) by using various "keywords". There is an incredible amount of information available here by unique topic through the SEARCH FUNCTION that one can find before asking a 'blanket-type' question, JMOO.

5. Lauren105

Lauren105 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    troll??

6. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK Lauren,

Since I have Johndish's recommendation I will get back to you soon. But right now it's 11 pm on a Saturday night and I am heading out.

Stay tuned.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    At 11pm shouldnt you be just getting back in at your age? Meals on Wheels will be here with your breakfast soon.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well at least I am allowed to go out at night and I can run with the big dogs all night long.

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel badly for the original poster, she knows not what power her avatar has over you old lecherous men...

Lauren - I recommend searching the archives for great info on moving here. Make sure you understand your immigration situation before you get here. If you land in the Cancun airport and tell the Immigration agent you plan to live here there's a very high chance they will turn you around and send you back home that day. You can't just come here openly to live like that. You need to come as a tourist and then apply to change your immigration status. Immigration in Mexico sucks, so study up before you get here.

Also make sure to bring 6 months worth of money to live on. You will probably find a job in less time given that you are young, female and white, but it's harder to find work here than most people think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice