2 for 1 cards

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by bluedreams, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh - THAT delivery guy.
    I've always had him send it to me at home...
    Never had the pleasure (or the need) to meet and/or discuss
    Not too surprised when somehow they got lost in transmission... :roll:
    I agree, by the way - the establishments, though fewer than they used to be, are comeptitive in every respect (as well as superior in some) and Brandt deserves a pat on the back for getting (and keeping) that all together.

2. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is my two cents on this discussion:

We have always stayed EP in Cancun, so the issue of AI and getting vs not getting the card, I cannot comment on. However, the card is very worthwhile for either AI or EP for the discounts on tours and at the clubs. Regardless of which plan you have at the hotel, chances are you will be going out at least one or twice at night to the clubs, so the card pays for itself right there in savings.

Further, because the number of restaurants on the card has dropped significantly in the last three years, we found this year we went to the same restaurant to use the card two or three times minimum. The restaurant business is very competitive in Cancun, I think they are desperate for customers at many of them, so when they see us coming back every few days they are very appreciative. We certainly make sure we buy enough drinks and extra food to cover the cost of the free meal. But at the same time they gave us 'special' attention, usually a free round of drinks or dessert. At one particular restaurant this year, we told them what night we would be back and they had their best table held for us with flowers and a complimentary bucket of very cold cervazas waiting for us. That alone to us was worth the $15 bucks!

We always order the card at least two months before we leave, and within two weeks of ordering Brant has sent it by mail to us. Always on the honour system - I send a cheque away to his Mom in Alberta only a day or two before the card comes in the mail, so obviously Brant has mailed the card to us before receiving payment.

Hopefully sales for Brant will improve and more restaurants, clubs and offers can be added to the card. I remember using it at Mcdonalds numerous times! Campaign your favorite restaurant to contact Brant about the idea of adding it to the list!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Just a quick note to say that following the cards restructure after Wilma, you no longer need to buy the card to access the discount tour prices. Also you've never needed to buy the card for airport transfers.

In actual fact as locals we always carry a couple of cards and must have saved several hundred dollars by using it.

Here's an example, note the 99 pesos discount:
    [​IMG]

4. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada

Ok I've had about enough of this.

Here's my take mister expert on the 2 for 1 card. Don't get one and stay on your little AI property. Don't experience Cancun Cus it's not part of your AI. Don't go downtown cuz it's not part of your AI. And please stay off of Isla Mujeres because they don't honor the card. Oh and don't buy a card to use on any tours or nightclubs because that would mean your'e not taking advantage of all the watered down drinks and redundant buffets at your AI.

I'll offer Brant the cost of the card if you ever think of buying one, to NOT sell you one.

Also regarding your comment about who posts here. take a look around. It's so not just locals, spring breakers or BBG. Get a clue. Just look around.

Jimmy

5. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually Jimmy, Ive got a clue.
    And I have enough extra that I can share with you, 'cause it appears you need some.

I have no idea what sort of bug you have up your butt, but I am a firm believer in the card, and don't do AI at any time, 'cause my thoughts are that doing AI in Cancun is like going to NYC and comitting to eat at only 3 restaurants for the whole week or two that you're there.

And - if you would learn how to read, you'd know that by now.

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keep it civil.

Disagreements are fine...no personal attacks please.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice