2 for 1 cards

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by bluedreams, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: thanks

Hmmm
    So do tell - what is it that they've got in Jamaica (other than ganja of course)?

2. suedave

suedave I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    hi lesley, i feel the same way, i feel sick on the isle of wight ferry :lol: , but i love the booze cruise, i felt fine, the water was so calm, did'nt do the snorkeling, but dave did, the island is only about an hour away, so if monique says it takes 2 hours each way, steve must go real slow, cant remember how long it took, we just partied, but we did go onto the island our first trip on the ferry to swim with the dolphins, and it only took an hour or probably less, shame you will miss it, but i'm sure we will find some other way to party :lotsofmichaelf: , look forward to meeting you . sue.

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think you can make a general statement like that.

I know many people who have gone to BBG who buy the card because they know they will get tired of thre resort food after a week or two and have a Desire to try the restaurnts on the card.

It's a matter of what you intend to do on your vacation.

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ultimately, you have to plan. Only buy the card IF you intend to patronize any of the establishments who participate with the 2x1 program and IF you believe that the savings from using that card will be more than what you spent to get it.

5. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Different lifestyle...

Jamaica is a great place to go as a couple or just to relax. Fairly inexpensive and very mellow. Plenty of beach bars with live music where you can waste a full day. Great place to unwind for a couple days.

Cancun. Great place to go with the team. After a trip to Cancun, I need a couple days to "relax".

6. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can and did.

If economics of the AI was a driver to buy BBG, then you blow the economics of the AI by going out somewhere else to use the Card. In that case you should have gone somewhere that offers European because the couple of bucks you MIGHT save after paying for the card becomes insignificant compared to double paying for AI and an external restaurant.

If you buy BBG because of the "ambiance" and regardless of the economics of the AI, then you're probably dining with others (of like mind) and unless everyone has a Card and wants to use it at the same time & same place (not likely, particularly in lieu a strong economic driver), the Card(s) won't see the light of day.

I repeat then - If you're headed to BBG, the Entertainment card is probably not for you.

7. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Fascinating insight and I thank you for sharing that with me (and "us" of course).

I think Cancun has become a success for many reasons, one of which is that it can somehow be many different things to many different people, and to some degree, simultaneously. I do go at a different time of year than many (made evident by the timeline below) and maybe that's part of it - and elsewhere (generally domestic) to party with 'the team' as it were.

Still fascinating.
    So - why is it that they aren't they going to allow you to fly any longer?

8. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The card is only $15. If you use it once, its pretty much paid for itself. If you use it twice, you're ahead. If you don't use it at all, no big deal, its only $15.

I stay at AI resorts and go out to eat all the time. I am too busy enjoying myself on vacation to crunch the numbers to see if I am losing a few dollars by eating outside of the resort. The price of the BBG per night is lower than quite a few resorts that are not AI anyway. Go nuts, eat out and about in town, and then eat again when you get back to the resort.

9. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK - so do you buy the Card?
    And if so, why?

10. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do not buy the card mostly because I have zero interest in almost all of the restaurants supported by it. I also do not go for the organized tours offered with the card. But, if I were into those things, the card would probably be a decent deal. I was just trying to say that in the big scheme of things spending $15 or saving $15 is not something to really worry about on a vacation that most likely costs in the neighborhood of 100 times that amount. Not sure if that lets the air out of my argument for the card or not though:wink:

At home however I always buy the book. We go out to eat a few times a week and probably save hundreds of dollars a year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice