2 Bodies Decapitated in the Hotel Zone, Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancuna, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, that was in that small parking lot on the end of coral negro flea market.

2. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I couldn't have said it better myself - ie, Cancuna's comments yesterday. The war in Cancun is on. Ugly days ahead, methinks. Real ugly.

3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But Davidsod, why is it worse than anything before? I mean, Cancun has been nicely cradled in the warm bosoms of the Zetas for a few years now, so I do see how the fighting for territory can make folks frisky. But this is no worse than any of the icky bloodshed in the city. So far.

I remember when like 7 or 9 members of the PGR were found decapitated and mutilated several years ago and I had to excuse a student from English class because he was a)doing the autopsies of his colleagues and b)needed a little break due to the trauma of this. It was all over some cops stealing intel from the narcos from a safe house in the neighborhood I lived in.

So until this $hit picks up to the level of Juarez or Michoacan or wherever, I wouldn't proclaim that the war is on.

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    This sort of thing has been background noise in the part of Quintana Roo that includes Cancun for as long as I've been here- three and a half years. A few bodies are found, here and there, with evidence that they were killed by a rival gang.

As Steve implied, there are other things that bother me more than these guys knocking each other off.

Risk to people living in Cancun, and perceived risk that can affect decisions to holiday here, are two different things, as I see it.

5. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe its not a war but as Cancuna said it sure wont do anything to expand tourism. Not that I wouldnt go in a heartbeat, but tell that to someone whos not been there and sees these reports.

That was my whole point.

6. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
  7. iacouple45

iacouple45 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Chicago has had over 400 killings so far this year??? mostly teen on teen gangs because older gang members in jail, seldom hear this on any national news...???

8. v8eyedoc

v8eyedoc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It is what is known as "population control"....................!!!!!!! And also keeps the classroom size reasonable too.

9. wexican

wexican Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

and england doesnt have its gun crime or high crime figures! england is just as bad!

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    In terms of gun crime, England is nowhere near as bad. The UK has one of the lowest gun crime rates in the developed World. Murders overall are at a 30 yr low as of 2011/12 (550). That's with a population of circa 60 million.
    BBC News - Crime data: Homicide at 30-year England and Wales low

But as I mentioned above, crime in Cancun doesn't put me off from living here nor many other expats I know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice