1st Week Of April '23 Trip Report -- With Provoke Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Stacia_and_John, Apr 18, 2023.

1. tflexxin

tflexxin Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,008 / 0
    Great review. Appreciate the effort! Always good to hear things are improving or staying the same (good)

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 4
    John, great review as usual. I sure miss the days of getting reviews on here regularly. I would be pretty frustrated with the long time from touchdown to check-in, but you're an old pro.

I agree about the sexy pool games. We usually use that time to go to the skybar, and get a late lunch, and relax for a bit before the late afternoon hot tub. Disappointing to read the experience isn't as good up there. We have always enjoyed the food. I would get the shrimp taco, and Meri would get a burger. Cheese sticks were always a must as well. Last year there was one day that the water was extremely cold up there, which is odd, because it's usually hot tub warm, but overall it's always been a go to for us.

We had really slow service about four years ago, but it seemed much faster in recent years. Have you heard others complaining about it? I know they have this weird scheduling thing once in a while of having someone get switched to work the skybar at the same time they are to go on break. That definitely slowed the service.

@ScubaSteve where did you see the menu change at Skybar. Could you send a link to that?

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,176 / 7
    A friend had just taken a picture when she was there and sent it to me.

upload_2023-4-25_11-33-11.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 4
    This was from 2019 for comparison.

Sky3.5-Snacks.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,615 / 14
    Yep, that was her. That was our only foray actually out "into" the Sexy Pool... we spent some good amount of time upstairs in the Sky pool and hot tubs (so to speak), chatting, and we were down on the beach quite a bit more this trip.

@Restling there were quite a few people up there when we'd be up there, but it wasn't slammed packed at all, just busy. They had two guys working the bar, 1 more than usual, and one server girl, and a runner for food from the kitchen. I could tell people were getting abit... tense about how long it takes to get pretty much anything up there. It is NOT set up efficiently from an "order in to customer receives item" point of view. No clue if it's staffing or what. Just slow.

6. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 3
    Do the photo shoot early in the trip before the vacation bloat kicks in. Also the hair and make-up is defiantly worth the money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice