1st Time Questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ariareed, Feb 15, 2023.

1. ariareed

ariareed Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've read a lot of posts on here but I still have a few more questions.

1. We are booked thru members. I am listed as a beneficiary, is this the same as a referral? Will we be required to go to the presentation?

2. Is it worth reserving a chair by the pool? I'm not sure that we would really use it, but we have never been here before so I'm not sure.

3. Girls with colored hair, is it worth going to get your hair done right before going? Or is the pool going to just bleach the color out? I keep my hair pretty red.

4. Our flight gets in at 11 AM, but check in isn't until 3 PM. Is there anything we can do in the time gap?

5. Our flight out doesn't leave until 8 PM, but check out is at 11 AM. What would you suggest to do to fill this time? Also what do you do with your luggage?

6. We were under the impression that Temptaion and the BC are a no cameras. We were really wanting to do the BC, but I have seen that almost every one there is video posted on Facebook of when the boat is boarding/ leaving. They are already collecting tops when this is being recorded. I have no problem being topless, but I would not want that to be posted on social media. Has anyone else noticed this or is this something new or not typical?

2. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    If you were added onto someone's contract as a beneficiary, then no. You have no obligation to attend the presentation (though they will still try to get you to attend).

In 5 trips, we have never worried about a chair. We leave our personal items locked up in our room.

If you dye your hair shortly before travel, be mindful the resort will likely charge you if your hair bleeds on the pillow cases.

If you arrive before your room is ready, you can check your bags, get your wristbands, and enjoy the resort. Bring your swimsuits in a bag and you can go straight to pool after check in if you would like.

After checkout, you can again check you bags and will get a pass to enjoy resort until your pickup.

3. Wab

Wab Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    I cannot answer all your questions but I will try a few:
    2. Likely too hot to sit in the chairs for long. Expect to grab a chair out of the main area just to put your bag of pool stuff like lotion etc. And to return to it a few times through the day.
    4. And 5. I had similar flight times. Keep your bathing suit and pool stuff easy to grab out of the luggage. When you arrive pull the stuff out and change in the bathroom then hit the pool while you wait for the room. You will want to eat too probably. On the way out, they let you use all the facilities, pool restaraunt bars, till 6 pm even after you check out. Change into your flight clothes just before leaving. Use the showers on the beach too if you want. Luggage will be stored for you.
    6. I never notice the bc photo timing issue. Makes sense. They tell you no photos once you are on the boat but tops come off often just as people are getting on. Just insist on keeping your top on until the camera rule is announced on the boat. That will not be an issue.

4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Agree with the others...

1. Not required to go to presentation, but they will put a lot of pressure on you to go.

2. Not worth reserving. Some play the "chair game" that is so common with Mexico resorts (get up early, throw a towel and a book on a prime location chair, and then disappear for a few hours, or all day). We have never worried about it. Just keep a bag (waterproof backpack works great) with a few items and drop it by someone we know. If not, it is fairly easy to find a back row chair to keep your stuff at.

3. Girls with colored hair...Most don't get hair wet. The pool water is toxic. Also if you have a sensitivity to pool chemicals, have some Benadryl lotion and chlorine block. A pool rash can start to develop after a few days of soaking, best to keep it at bay.

4. Our flight gets in at 11 AM, but check in isn't until 3 PM. Is there anything we can do in the time gap? Go to the resort, by the time you get there it will be after noon, maybe closer to one, depending on the customs line. We have always got a room pretty quick if we arrive before three. If not the resort will hold on to your luggage. Have a small bag packed if you want to hit the pool during that short time period. They will give you bands early, so you can eat, by then the room will probably be ready.

5. Our flight out doesn't leave until 8 PM, but check out is at 11 AM. What would you suggest to do to fill this time? Also what do you do with your luggage? Agree with others, the resort will let you stay/drink/party.

6. Cameras....not many restrictions at Temptation. No longer a camera free zone. Social media influencers and Instagram addicts have discovered the place. Guests are cautioned to make sure others are not in the background, but there is not really any enforcement. Example... Last June, some lady in a full one piece bathing suit, was set up with her camera on a small tripod in one of the rooftop hot tubs, pointing the camera directly at the bar and pool, doing some sort of live broadcast for a long time. Staff never said anything. More of this every year.

5. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    As someone with brightly colored hair… I wouldn’t do my hair beforehand… it will definitely lighten/fade between the water & the sun. I always bring a pillow case because they will charge you if your hair bleeds onto it. Same with a hair towel.

6. MandyJoJo

MandyJoJo Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0
    Vibrant hair does fade extra fast there so I bring color wash or conditioner to keep mine bright. I like Viral or Lime Crime cuz it typically doesn't rub off too much but like others suggested be sure to bring your own pillow case and hair towel to avoid charges. The towels there are white do any other color should make it obvious it's not their towel to housekeeping.

7. Wab

Wab Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    I can tell you that the "no camera" policy was strictly enforced last week. Several people were immediately approached by security if a phone was out. It usually only took seconds and they were very stern with everyone. Maybe hit and miss?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I'll swing at your questions with my own thoughts and maybe you'll get a decent answer.

Q1. We are booked thru members. I am listed as a beneficiary, is this the same as a referral?

A: No, Referrals started to get a few less benefits a couple years back, but a "beneficiary " IS a Member, just not the one who shelled out the initial investment.

Q1-A. Will we be required to go to the presentation?

A: Nope, not required. Just remember that it is NOT required and gently insist on "no, thank you." It'll be fine.

Q2. Is it worth reserving a chair by the pool? I'm not sure that we would really use it, but we have never been here before so I'm not sure.

A: Depends on if you're the type who likes to just lay around in the sun, or not. If you do, you'll want to try to find a chair, but usually you can find one to lay out in, they're just not where you get the best "view" of the pool action. We usualy get 1 chair for both of us, and we uuse it as "base cam;p," to drop the beach bag with our stuff.

Q3. Girls with colored hair, is it worth going to get your hair done right before going? Or is the pool going to just bleach the color out? I keep my hair pretty red.

A: My understanding is that the pool is slightly bleach-heavy and it does have an effect on the ladies' "do's." So, probably get it done before going is what Stacia thinks. She always does (yello-wgold blonde).

Q4. Our flight gets in at 11 AM, but check in isn't until 3 PM. Is there anything we can do in the time gap?

A: ABSOLUTELY!!! In your carry on, pack a tiny bikini bottom and a cover-up, oir the complete bikini and your man's trunks, sunscreen, sunglasses and flip-flops. Get there, check bags with bellman, go intot he bathroom and get into your suits and get on out to the Sexy Pool. Boom! You're at TTR!

Q5. Our flight out doesn't leave until 8 PM, but check out is at 11 AM. What would you suggest to do to fill this time?

A: Your shuttle will arrive to get you about 3 hours before departure, like clockwork (USA Transfers does anyway). You check out, tell them that you aren't leaving until 5:00 p.m. or so, and you can still use the resort, eat, drink, make merry until you leave. You have your choice of: A) making friends and borrowing their bathroom and shower to get ready to travel home; or B) go tot he spa and use those facilities. We've done both, but ti's more fun to use the friends room, and a bit more comfortable.

Q5-A. Also what do you do with your luggage?

A: Check it witht he bellman.

Q6. We were under the impression that Temptaion and the BC are a no cameras. We were really wanting to do the BC, but I have seen that almost every one there is video posted on Facebook of when the boat is boarding/ leaving. They are already collecting tops when this is being recorded. I have no problem being topless, but I would not want that to be posted on social media. Has anyone else noticed this or is this something new or not typical?[/QUOTE]

A: LOTS of pics get taken, yes. It's a fun part. We've been on... seven (I think? Steve would know for sure) BC's, and we've never had anyone post a pic on social media irresponsibly of Stacia, but we have heard of it happening.

9. ariareed

ariareed Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you everyone for the responses!

It sounds like the pool is pretty deep. I'm only 5 ft tall. Do people bring pool floaties into the pool? Also, do people bring cup floaties?

Thanks!

10. browntoronto69

browntoronto69 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yes we also had the same concerns over the BC but was reassured no pictures would be taken of us if we did not want.

Still however debating as I do see a lot of pics on their Instagram/Facebook pages.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice