1ST TIME IN CANCUN - ISLA MUJERES ????

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by karinav3, Jan 22, 2008.

1. karinav3

karinav3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone!! this is my first trip to Cancun, I was wondering if I should book a tour or just rent a golf cart at Islas Mujeres??

Thanks

2. kmurphy45

kmurphy45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My suggestion is to just rent a golf cart. Just got back from my 18th trip to Cancun and I always take a day to spend on Isla. This year we decided to also stay overnight. I would suggest getting off the ferry, renting the golf cart and drive the road around the island. I would also suggest getting an Isla Mujeres map from http://www.mapchick.com which gives great information and suggestions. It takes about 1 to 2 hours to drive the island depending on the stops you may make and the length of time at those stops. We then find a spot on North Beach or Playa Sol (Sun Beach), and spend the rest of the day on enjoying the beautiful water and sand on Isla. Enjoy your day. I'm back only 3 days and already missing Isla terribly.

3. turbolift

turbolift Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To do the day trip, what all do you need to take with you? For instance, if you want to lay on the beach, do you need to take a towel or can you rent them on the island. Thanks.

Don

4. kmurphy45

kmurphy45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We usually wear our swimsuits either under a coverup or shorts & top and bring a beach bag with our towel, lotions and bottled water.

5. turbolift

turbolift Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Kathy. A beach bag it is although the less I have to tote around the better I like it.

On another note, do you have to pre-reserve a golfcart or can you just pick up one when you get there?

Don

6. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you can get one when you get on the island. We love that island and rented a golf cart last time! It was a blast! Besure to go and see the Turtles!

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You wont need to pre reserve a cart, there are plenty of places to rent one. You will need to leave a drivers liscense or something with them, just so you know.

8. jspang

jspang Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you go over for the day, plan to have lunch at Hotel Rolandi, best relaxing place to have lunch on the island plus a beautiful view of Cancun.

9. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My favorite golf cart rental place, El Sol, has moved!
    They are now located on Ave. Juarez between Abasolo and Matamoros.
    get off the ferry, walk in one block to Juarez, turn to the north, (or left) and walk about 3 blocks, don't worry, they will be interesting blocks :)

10. karinav3

karinav3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great we're renting a Golf Car .. I hate that I have to wait a whole 3 months! lol... what are the best places to eat at?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice