1st time in cancun and an um silly question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by deswilly, Feb 20, 2009.

1. LemonHead

LemonHead Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Thanks

If you'd like to take a chance on turning your hubbies face beet red then please do! :lol:

But if I can offer insiders view point (I work for the TSA) I can tell you the those folks that said pack it separate and right on top or the side of your carry on are right on. It's fairly easy to identify what those items are on x-ray and a further exam is not normally nessasary.

However, avoid packing large food stuffs or electronics and wires in the same bag. Organic and electronic masses in a bag will most always get searched. And certainly follow the rules of 311. All liquids, gels, areasols, lotions, creams or pastes should be 3.4 oz.(100ml) or less - in a 1 qrt. ziplock bag that's pulled out of your main bag - and have only one ziplock bag per traveler.

Now I have been tempted to call a bag check anyway but not to embarrass the traveler but to put a coworker on the spot. And that was when I found a "big one" on x-ray and could tell it belonged to one of the four dudes that were waiting for their bags coming out of the machine. :lol:

As for exiting Mexico I would imagine that the are looking for much of the same but I don't know specifics. I would think that the same approch should serve you well.

Enjoy your trip!

2. alj4444

alj4444 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm so glad someone asked! We didn't take any last time in fear of this. Thanks for asking!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice