14 PUPPIES UP FOR ADOPTION, ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by MartinnVegas, Jan 7, 2007.

1. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lupita sounds very pretty.....but Canuck is right it does need to be something Max is able to pronounce :D

2. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, if Max can't pronounce Lupita, you could always shorten it to Pita like they did in that movie with Denzel washington and that little girl...don't remember the name in English, but in Spanish it's Hombre en Llamas.

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Well we also took the plunge and have a new puppy.She is a spaniel.We have called her Elle - so now we have a son called Evan and a dog called Elle.!
    We found it a musing .
    Will post some pics soon as she is rather gorgeous.
    TRacey
    x

4. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lupita is a cool name, however, it's short for Guadalupe. I believe somewhere in Mexico you can't give a pet a person's name. Someone might take offense. "Pita" would be ok, "Doñita" or "ñita", how about "Missus"?.
    I named one of my first dogs "Señor". But some times a few heads turned my way when yelling out my dog's name.

Ok, how about "Playa"? That sounds ok too..."Hi Canuck, how's "Playa"?"
    Answer: "Playa's in heat right now, thank you for asking" or "How would I know, I'm 45 mins away"

5. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats Tracey :!: :!: Looking forward to those pictures :!: :!:

6. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Years ago I had a friend who had to relocate with his wife and child from New York to Los Angeles. They missed New York a lot. Soon after they arrived in LA they adopted a dog, which they named Taxi, for the sheer pleasure of leaning out the door and shouting her name :) . I guess you couldn't hail a cab in Burbank back then. You can't even do it now.

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. She's officially been "Frijola" for about six hours now, I feel like a proud parent! She's tiny but chubby, very calm and cool. The pups are soooo cute, they're all a bit different. I picked her because she was so calm (Max has enough chaotic energy for all of us). She's sitting on my lap right now. She's eaten and she actually didn't pee til I took her outside and then she went right away. Good sign, though I can't possibly hope that she is going to be that easy to train. :D

I've got some horrible hives, quite an allergic reaction, but nothing a little Caladryl can't relieve. Still looks bad, but doesn't itch.

Here's some pics of her first day with us...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mix, love the name Taxi, made me laugh. We are tossing around the name "Tuliberta" (don't ask, it's a made up name and a bit of an inside joke) but I think Frijola is going to stick.

8. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    eeeeeeeeeeee she is toooooo cute!

i want a puppy :cry:

love the name frijola

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    AWWW MAAANNN! She's a sweetheart! I'm going to barge in on you this week and meet her!

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Susie said you had spoken with her. I tried to call you earlier to come for a first day introduction but you weren't home. Come this week! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice