14 PUPPIES UP FOR ADOPTION, ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by MartinnVegas, Jan 7, 2007.

1. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The dogs are cute but Canuck they will shed they are not Border Collies they are Malish or Mutts and could be the sweetest dogs as most mixed breeds are. They will need to be Wormed and get Vaccinated and do need heart worm medicine every month.
    Canuck with your allergies you really should get a dog that does not shed like a Poodle, Schnauzer,Airdale to name a few breeds. The thing is for those breeds they will cost you some $$ usually unless you let a vet know that you want to adopt one and maybe they can find one that is free or at least a good deal.
    There are thousands of Dogs (strays) in Cancun and there are spaying and neutering programs, Private organizations have campaigns and do the operations for free The Idea of Spaying or neutering is not very popular here yet due to cost but maybe the campaigns will help a little.

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't seem to have a reaction to fur, but definitely get hives when they lick me. Even the hairless dog at the Crococun Zoo made me break out after she kissed me! :D I'm resigned to the fact that I might itch a bit, can't resist poochies anymore. We will definitely be spaying/neutering and keeping up on the shots.

I know Max will love it, the cat will NOT. She is savage already, I think someone's going to get hurt before they settle in. As long as it's not Max, I think we'll all survive. I'm stocking up on Neosporin. :wink:

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did someone say pit bull? No way in heck do I want a dog with any pit bull in it. I had a neighbor once who had several pit bulls and it was nothing but vet bills as they paid to stitch up all the other dogs in the neighborhood. One of them finally killed another neighbor's elderly dog, it was wretched...

4. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. Deana

Deana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes we are ok. Thank god we were not home. Had gone to Tracey's for about an hour. Most of the things taken were high $ items that were my daughters. She is still bummed about it. As for Dallas he is better. We think they kicked him or something. He has been a big baby the last couple of days and doesn't want to be left alone and has started pacing the house. So not really sure what happened to him.
    Are you going to get one of these pups for Max?

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, we're taking the leap and getting a pup. Mutt de la Mutt coming our way, wish us luck!

Glad you guys are ok, bummer about the "stuff". I can't believe they kicked your puppy, that would make me the most angry!

7. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My you are brave!! Good luck, don't forget to take pics and post updates for us.
    (maybe Max's expert potty training will rub off on the dog)!!

8. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keep us posted canuck :D :D There is nothing like coming home to a furry critter at the end of a bad day :D :!:

9. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of My furry critters ate 2 of My Husbands shirts today so today i diffe on the "Nothing better than coming home to....." AAAARGH Darn Lilly!

10. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I had a shoe incident last night. Thats more than three NICE expensive shoes that went bye bye. LOVE MY PETS. Cuz it doesn't end with the puppy....the cat is just as bad (altho i have 2 cats). Go figure the cat with named Diablo is the most behaved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice