13 hour trip report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by breezesfan, Dec 20, 2012.

1. mg65

mg65 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    We were there in october a couple of years ago. It was raining hard and often. The tile floors were really slippery. I know the hallway you are talking about well.

I think it was harder to walk on the wet tiles than it is to walk on ice. Especially if you had a drink or two, or three...

Really glad to hear the airline was accommodating. It would be scary to be injured and not really know what to do.

2. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The perocet has started to wear off a bit, so my wife's big remembrance was that as we were checking out of TTR, she told me "this is going to take forever, I'm sure every manager they have is going to be there ". Well, there was absolutely no manager there was so ever.

The office people asked why we were leaving and I showed them my wife hand and they were totally unaware of anything. Just plain nothing, still can't believe it. I suppose they will respond with "well, you refused medical attention", Yes we did for good reason. Temptations management never asked us anything.

3. PinaColadaLuvR

PinaColadaLuvR Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am so sorry to hear of your wife's broken wrist and having to cut your trip short. I hope feels better soon.

When we were there last year a man had fallen in the shower and hit his head and the hotel had the same reaction. They didn't even acknowledge his injuries or get him help. After a day he developed a fever and he and his travel partner made arrangements to fly home for treatment.

This is something that concerns me, but overall TTR is great. This does want to make me look into travel insurance though.

Again, hope your wife feels better soon.

4. Ingram

Ingram Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I know the exact place where she fell... That whole hallway is like ice when it's rained on. So dangerous!

5. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Ingram that was probavly 75% of the problem, we didn't know and it was dark. Yep Pina, we were really impressed with resort. Had NEVER heard "Jailhouse Rock" played that way !!! My wife was actually crying when we walked around the next mornng. She is a school teacher and had been looking forward to this for a long time. She really doesn't act that wild, she just likes the option to act WILD. She says it makes her feel 40 again !!!'

6. bake

bake Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    accident at TTR

:fish::flagusa:lastyear of ll of halloween i fell my fault the next daay i went to the hospital an american by taxi there i was look over where i hurt all on the left side from the fall they said nothing broken but badly bruise they took exrays the left side of chest ad=nd the foot just badly bruised total cost was $220.00 plus cab ride round trip was thirty five dollars and pain pills was #3o.oo dollars all was u.s. dollars
    had receites sent them in after igot hme the insurance paid $210.00 i was glad i had insyrance.:fish::flagusa::cheerleaders:

7. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another thing to remember about our TTR adventure. While we were getting ready to check out, one of the other guests noticed what was happening and gave us some really PRICELESS advice. Told us not to make a HUGE deal about the pain when we got to the Delta service counter. If you're in TOO much pain, Delta (or not other airline) is going to let you board the plane !!! They don't want an Inflight medical emergency !!! My wife put on an Oscar winning performance. "Yes, I know its looks horrible, but its really doesn't hurt much at all"

8. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Breesesfan I am so very sorry to hear about your wife's accident but glad to hear she is on the mend.

We had a completely different experience when my husband had a slip and fall at the resort. He fell 'up' some stairs near Paty O's. The guard brought him back to our room. We refused to go to a hospital so they had a doctor come to the resort and he got stitched up right in our room. 2 cuts and a total of 11 stitches. The doctor gave us a prescription which we then went to walmart and got filled. A week later the doctor came back to our room and removed the stitches. We felt very well taken care of and it was a total of $250.00 US.

I hope you and your wife will return in the future and give the resort another try.

D

9. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I posted a review on Trip advisor also. Of course a lot of the Mexican Nationals reponded with "you Americans are amazing, just because the Hospital is called "Amerimed", you assumed it was American owned. DUHHHH, Kind of an honest mistake!!! LOL

10. JoeMar

JoeMar Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    Ask them what they would think if they were in Texas and saw a sign for "Meximed".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice