12/10-12/19 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by r&a 1964, Dec 21, 2022.

1. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    Some negatives but mostly positives this trip.
    I had heard a lot of different reports about the airport, so I decided to actually time it to see how long it took to get out of the airport. I started the stopwatch on my phone when the wheels hit the runway. We got through security without any delays and went straight to baggage claim. luckily our bags were some of the first off of the belt and we headed to the taxi. When we sat in the taxi Checked the stopwatch and wow 36 minutes from touch down. I have never timed it before, but I am sure we have never made it through that fast. We have always used USA Transfers in the past, but this trip decided to use the taxi. From past experience I am guessing the taxi saved us about 15 minutes, but it is almost double the cost. Jumping ahead on our return trip we left the resort at the same time as a couple using USA Transfers and arrived at the airport at the same time. The advantage to the taxi is that you just go when you're ready. For the price difference we will use USA Transfers over the taxi most of the time.
    Now to the resort. We arrived Early in the day so our room wasn't ready, we knew it wouldn't be, so we had a beach bag packed with everything we needed to get the party started at the pool. We were handed a glass of champaign at the door which was a nice touch. Also, because I have heard such varying amounts of time I timed from when the taxi stopped to when we were checked in, had wristbands and heading to the pool it was 23 minutes. Now I put the timer away for the rest of the trip.
    We stayed in a Lush tower room. The room was clean and the maintenance in the room was perfect no problems at all.
    Food: We ate at every restaurant except she and the food was better than past trips except the buffet and Sky. The Buffet and Sky were not worse than in the past but not better either about the same. We never had a bad meal all the food was good to excellent.
    The service as usual was excellent. It seemed like the service at the Sky bar when ordering food was better than past trips. In the past we thought getting your food at Sky was a little slow, not this trip.
    Maintenance outside of the rooms has slid a little. The decks around the pool and at sky are looking very worn and have loose boards. I stepped on loose tyles in the bottom of the pool about a dozen times in nine days. There are some broken tiles around the resort in various places. The resort is still very nice, and nothing is in disrepair to the point you won't enjoy using it.
    Now the negatives. Premier is not delivering what was promised. When we bought, we were sold premium drinks and preferred seating. Can anyone tell me what the premium drinks are for premier now? Where is the premium seating at bash? Drinks we were told we could have as members they are now trying to sell us. Seating we were told we could have as members they are now trying to sell us. We still love the resort and have more fun there than anywhere else we go. We just realize we were suckered by premier and warn others what they offer you now, they will take away later.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    Nice report - thank you for taking the time to post it. What did you think of the crowd, the other guests?

I appreciate the details with the timer: it's good to know! I think you did very well with your plane-to-check in time.

Glad to read that the food and service were great.

And wow, that sucks about your Premier "perks" - what's the point if they still try to upsell you?

(We never joined Premier. The benefits looked great on paper, but I didn't trust them to deliver consistently. I mean, it's Mexico, they can always change the rules. Another thing is that we might want to travel to other places and didn't want to feel "locked in" to any one place)

3. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    The crowd was awesome. I have read a lot about the crowd getting younger. I have never thought the crowd was getting younger I have always thought I was getting older. We have been going for over 10 years and bought in our third year going. last year I was wondering if we were starting to age out so to speak. Not this year. I never really tried to count or paid close attention to it but we had a lot of people with in a 10-year window age wise to party with. We are both 58. Having said that we had a great time hanging with some of the youngsters. It was a super fun crowd our fist 8 days. The last couple of days the crowd turned over and the new people coming in didn't seem to be as much fun. I think at least some of that was as our crowd left, we weren't as outgoing and trying to connect with the new people as much as we were when we first arrived. Theme night participation was good, some nights better than others but always had a fair amount of 'people in theme. The playmakers were all knew except for Mini Cooper being back and J J. All the new playmakers were very good though, lots of energy and tried very hard to drive the party and connect with the guests. We both agreed that it was a great trip. Really the only negative was premier not delivering on their promises. There really is no benefit to being a premier member. Especially if you stay in the tower.

4. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks for the review.

5. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Thanks for the review.

6. Jettt_geo

Jettt_geo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Great trip report, Thanks for sharing. We were there about 12 years ago when it was still Blue Bay and had a blast, looking to go in early March this year

7. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Thanks for the trip review. I never really understood the premier perks I guess thats why Jen and I never bought in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice