10k end of Jan

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, Dec 30, 2011.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Gawd, you're right, Tori, it's on the 29th! I guess I'm just excited that this is coming up.

The place I've seen sign-ups taking place was at KM Zero, HZ, at 7:30 AM, weekdays.

Hmm, sounds like you might run; that'll make 501 of Cancun's fittest women out for the event. :icon_wink:

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is no way I am making all the way to KM 0 that early. The registration page says they will be at Parque Kabah...maybe this week coming up.

I am making no promises about participating. I will just try and get my cardio back to where it was in December

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tori, I don't know if you'll want to enter, when the time comes, but if you do I could register you as I'm by KM Zero several times a week at that hour.

4. silverro

silverro Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Was wondering if traffic like buses to and from hotel zone will be shut down during this run ? and if yes how long ?

5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I´m guessing they´ll close one side of the roadway entering and exiting the HZ, Kukucan I guess it is, up to the entrance to Puerto Cancun.

6. slopoke3

slopoke3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    Does anyone know of any 5K or 10K races happening the end of March?

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
  8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Team meeting, Friday

There will be a team meeting on Friday, 7:30 PM, La Taberna, to go over race results and discuss such things as the need to set alarms on race day....

The event was colorful, and well attended, as these things usually are. About one in seven runners had decided the 200 pesos entry fee was a little steep for them and chose to run, unofficially. Their race results will not appear in the official tally, but they had the pleasure of participating.

Interesting note, half the first ten women finishers were 40 YOA or older. Looks like there are grandmothers who take staying fit more seriously than most younger women, at least in Cancun!

As you would expect, many 5K entrants were passed by the fastest of the 10K racers, who set a blazing pace.

Unlike the events sponsored by the city, this event did not include free massage at the end of the race.

9. kellyfitz11

kellyfitz11 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didnt end up doing the 10K like promised. I have been swamped at work and been neglecting the forum! :( not to mention my friend from Philly was in town visiting and I had to take her out and about on my one day off (sunday). It sounds like it was exciting. Count be in 100% yes to the next race!!

10. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I'm sure Mat will be grateful to have someone to remind him to set his alarm, next time!

As for the team meeting, that, as you probably guessed, was tongue in cheek.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice