10 Years With Cancuncare!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Trish, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    I just noticed, I've hit the 10-year mark of being a member of this forum! 10 years reading all the posts, all the drama. I found Cancuncare when I was looking into booking my first holiday to Mexico back in 2011, and it's not for a reason you'd think! I'd seen a travel programme saying how amazing the beaches in Cancun are, so wanted to visit, but I'm deathly afraid of jellyfish and wanted to check whether those arses are common at Cancun beaches. A search in Google sent me to the Cancuncare info pages, where I then found the forum!

At that time, I'd been looking at our choices for resorts. My only requirements then, had to be adult-only, within our price range and have a swim-up bar. TTR ticked all the boxes, but the name and 'sexy atmosphere' it was promoting really put me off. I'm not a prude, but I am certainly pretty vanilla and all their promo pictures had me thinking this definitely wasn't the resort for me. Cancuncare changed my mind! Back in 2011, the people here hyped up the resort so much I felt obliged to check it out. Boy am I glad I did! Fell in love with the place on my first night, when people I'd been talking with on Cancuncare recognised me, took me under their wing and showed me exactly how to have a good time at TTR. We're coming up on trip number 10, and close to 10 years visiting TTR. Over the years, people come and go, that's normal, but I've also made lifelong friends at TTR from all over the world. All thanks to Steve and Cancuncare. Was it not for the forum, I never would've visited in the first place.

Back in 2011, I wasn't conscious of it at the time, but I was dealing with deep depression. A dark cloud over me, because I was at a point in my life where I felt like I didn't belong. I didn't like myself, was incredibly body-conscious, and there were very few people in my life at that time I would call friends. TTR, and Cancuncare literally changed my life. Meeting people via this forum, I felt valued and loved for the first time in a very long time. That sounds super corny, but it's true. I've pushed my boundaries, learned to love myself for who I am, and enjoy life because of pushing said boundaries. TTR/Cancuncare has certainly changed over the years, but at its heart it still offers the same experience. Somewhere to be yourself. Nobody knows you, nobody gives a shit. Except now some people do know me, and they do give a shit. Experiencing TTR was a catalyst to make other changes in my life, and I'm now a very happy person, and much more comfortable in myself than I was in that dark place 10 years ago.

Since 2011, the forum has dialled back a bit as technology has changed so much, that's expected. We have to move on. Yet, it's still going, and I'm still here! I'll stop rambling now. Just wanted to say how Cancuncare really made a difference in my life. More than any other social network ever has.

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  2. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    10 years since our first visit to TTR as well! Sure have met some amazing life long friends here!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Wow, what a post Trish.

So pleased the cancuncare community was able to assist you in making informed decisions, and especially helping with your personal life too. Don't make me cry!

Yep, time moves on and Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat. MeWe, Whatsapp etc play a much larger role in people's social media time than conventional forums do these days. Yet we continue to hang on in there.

I hope you will be around for at least another 10 years. Your posts are always intelligent, well-written, and thought out.

In one more year I'll have 20 yrs at cancuncare. Not sure if I'll manage another 20 though :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks to you guys too :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Chris_in_WA

Chris_in_WA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum having just joined a couple weeks ago and heading on my first trip not only to TTR, but to Mexico. I love reading stuff like this, it makes me feel like I'm off to a great place that's more than just some resort. Thanks for sharing!

6. shotgun

shotgun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 2
    We joined cancuncare in 2009 and have made friends all over the world. we still come to TTR at least once a year. Very happy to call Janet and Steve and Sharon and Terry a few of the great friends we have made over the years. Cancuncare has been a big part of meeting many of these friends. Many Thanks to Steve for keeping this site clean and up and running. Be back in Sept.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2021
  7. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Hell yeah! Awesome post

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I joined in 2012, completely agree. It’s a great site, and a great resort.

9. mcdppc

mcdppc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Just looked and I have been a member since 2007.. wow time flies!

10. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 1
    And wow have I noticed how much younger the crowd is now. lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice