Finally Made It To Temptations (review)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by SammyM, May 29, 2019.

1. SammyM

SammyM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    My wife and I had been trying to get to Temptations for the past several years, but something always seemed to come up. Not this time as we finally made it the last week of April and a few days in May. What a fantastic experience! Everyone seems to refer to 'alternative lifestyle' couples here, and there were a fair number of them running around, but when it comes to place to reconnect with your spouse and stir up the old magic Temptations is second to none.

The pros easily overwhelm the cons in our opinion. We used Happy Shuttle Cancun to get from the airport to the resort and they were excellent. $26 each way and very courteous drivers. Check-in was a breeze, and although our room was not ready at 10:00 a.m. they stored our luggage so we could go have some breakfast at the Rain Buffet. The dreaded sales pitch we feared never materialized, and if anything the young woman who showed us around (Paty) was gracious and very understanding when we told her that we were not interested in a premiere membership at this time.

By noon we were in the sexy pool and there we stayed right through the crazy foam party. We finally made it to our room and dined at Flame that evening (which was very good). We hit every restaurant for the seven days we were there, and it was difficult to chose a favorite. But, the coconut shrimp I had at the Sea Flirt restaurant may have been the best shrimp I had ever had. Only SHE was a little disappointing, because we thought the portions were a bit on the small side there.

As for the theme parties they varied from great to boring. Super heroes night was awesome (batman and bat girl), but some of the parties were weak (especially lingerie night). Even though we met a ton people throughout the week, you never knew who you were going to meet at the parties. And, trying to hold a conversation over the loud music was almost impossible.

One suggestion that I made when we returned to the states is that Temptations should have a 'Meet & Greet' each evening from 7 to 8 p.m. for first-timers. When making your first visit you would be welcome at all the 'Meet & Greet' sessions that week. This would allow people to get to know one another quicker, and it would help the more reserved couples get into things around the pool a little faster. The premiere membership people could even set up a booth that could assist for those with questions about this.

Overall, we had a fantastic time and will likely return again next year. Or, maybe even wait for the new Temptations to open in Punta Cana in 2020. So, if you're not sure if this is right place for you don't worry! Just relax and enjoy yourself. My wife and I met couples ranging from their 20's to their 70's, and from at least 15 U.S. states and 5 Canadian provinces (not to mention the U.K.). It is so much friendlier here than many other resorts in this area, and it's far more than just a topless optional resort for swingers. And, for all that you get for the money I even considered it a good value. Can't wait to return!

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 3
    A sponsored meet in greet even a few times a week would be a great idea. Just keep the sales vultures away.
    Glade you enjoyed it.

3. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    In April 2018, there were I think 40 Cancuncare people arriving on the day we were, so I set up a meet and greet at the lobby bar. Not very many people showed up, as TTR vacation events tend to get in the way (first day curse, playtime in your room, early dinner reservations, etc). I agree it would be great for the resort to have a nightly cocktail party at the lobby bar, but I suspect most nights it would have a low turnout. Maybe they could have strippers do a show on the bar...that would boost attendance! :p

Happy to hear you enjoyed your first trip, and welcome to the Cancuncare community!

4. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    Great report, and it reminds us of our first time last year. Glad you enjoyed...we were there same time as you, yet can't remeber if we crossed paths by the name. Mind you, there are good parts of the trip we don't remember with all the drinking! :oops:

5. SammyM

SammyM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Thank you for the nice welcome! My wife and I have been to many great places (St. Maarten, Ibiza, etc.), but Temptations really made us feel special. So glad we made this trip. The 'Meet & Greet' that I would suggest would need to be in place away from all the loud music where people could talk and get to know one another. To entice people to attend, I would offer coupons for say 10 percent off to places like Glow and Glam. Maybe the Premiere Membership booth could hand out one day 'premiere passes' that could show newbies (like me) the benefits of such a membership. Such as better poolside seating, etc. They could also inform new folks what all the colored wrist bands mean. We had on white ones which seemed fine for us. The beer flowed freely and the mixed drinks we had were just great with the proper about of alcohol in them. But, many of the newer people like us had no idea what a blue wrist band meant, or for that matter a red one. My wife and I got into things pretty quickly, but we observed many couples who never got into the swing of things (pardon the pun) until the final few days of their stay. Getting to know others sooner who share similar values could only help.

One other suggestion that the resort might want to consider would be specific weeks that could be designated for 'couples only.' By no means am I opposed to having single men and women around (I was one once many years ago), but when too many groups of single guys hit the resort it tilts the balance too far in the wrong direction. There were definitely some idiots there when we were visiting, including one clown who chose to toss dollar bills onto the stage when the dancers performed at one of the theme parties. This really wasn't cute, but rather cheapened the show that they worked so hard to put on. Maybe one week each month could be for couples only, and the balance of the month operations as normal. Just a thought. But, overall we loved our experience here and enjoyed the many 'like-minded' people we met throughout our stay.

6. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 3
    Oh boy the single guy thing. Let get my big bowl and start making the pop corn:p.
    We like to get on the boob cruise as early as we can on the trip its a great ice breaker. The only problem is sometimes by the time you make back to the dock your seeing 2 of everyone you met and remembering their names is a crap shoot.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
  8. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    I can’t believe lingerie night was a bust. It was the best theme when we was there. I think the super hero night sucks. Most of those costumes are way to hot for Mexico. And by hot I mean temperature.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Naughty Newfies

Naughty Newfies Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +418 / 1
    You can do a referral from a member if you want to try the benefits of membership without buying.

10. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Meet and greet is such a simple yet awesome idea!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice