Trip Report 3/24-3/29

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by socalrivercpl, Mar 30, 2019.

1. socalrivercpl

socalrivercpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +217 / 0
    This might be a long one.
    3/24- woke up at 2:00 AM to drive down to the CBX border crossing from San Diego into Tijuana airport terminal. Easy experience to save about $600 in our case. Very little english is used by the terminal and the airlines. Arrived 4 hours later to Cancun with our direct flight. Got our bag and got to the USA Transfers attendant. About 5 minutes later we were on our way. Arrived to breathless by about 2:00 pm local time. They now greet you with “welcome home” instead off welcome to the party. This is directly related to that corporate restructuring that I’ve read about in reviews. We booked xhale club so the private check in was painless. Got a great, top floor room with a view of the ocean and a jacuzzi tub on the balcony.
    Went to the freestyle pool after walking the grounds and checking out the scene.
    About 4 women were topless. They have little signs that say no topless in the water. I don’t understand the reasoning behind this rule. Why would a woman want to have to put her top on and take it off throughout the day just to cool off in the pool while tanning? I’d love to find out the reasoning behind this. We watched security make a woman get out of the water to put her top back on.
    Closed the pool down about 6:00 pm and everyone migrated to the big hot tub for a few more rounds before getting ready for dinner.
    First nights dinner was at picante. Nothing spectacular but it’s hard to compare that Mexican food when we live in San Diego. After dinner we hit the club and it was fairly busy. Room by 2:00 so we can get up early for the Boobs Cruise.

3/25- up at 7:00 and head down to the xhale lounge for some coffees and pastries for the wife while she gets ready. Bartender makes the coffees and then proceeds to tell me I can’t take the plate out of the lounge and he doesn’t have to go trays. After a fairly brief back and forth he says it’s ok and I can take it. First “can’t” of many.
    8:55 am and USA is there to take us to our Boobs Cruise.
    Booking a transfer for the Boobs Cruise was definitely the way to go. I can’t imagine trying to find transportation after drinking on the boat all day. Met a lot of great people on the cruise and it was definitely the highlight of our trip. I’m still wearing my orange wristband as I type this lol. We managed to rally and make it back out of the room for dinner. Went to the strip steakhouse and had a pretty good steak and the bearnaise was great. Went to the club and it was dead, but we managed to party until about 3am.

3/26- up at 8 and off to breakfast at kibbeh. After breakfast head to the pool. Met and partied with a bunch of new people. Experienced our second “cant” when a woman wanted to touch the wife’s boob. It wasn’t sexual, they were talking about augmentations and were comparing. Security came up and said “ladies, no touching”. They proceeded to hover around us the rest of the afternoon. We went to dinner at Spumante with 2 other couples. We all walked in with cocktails, ate dinner, and then I stepped out to smoke a vape for a minute. Can’t numero tres! See I guess you can’t leave with a cocktail but you can enter with one??? The can’ts were adding up and I was annoyed. Went to the club and had a decent time, but the party had been dampened by all the rules and put me in a mood.

3/27- breakfast at kibbeh and a pool day. Everyone was gathered at the middle pool and they had a band that did cover songs. Was a good time. Topless pool was absolutely dead. Managed to make it through the day without being told I can’t do something. Wife and I had a date dinner at silk city. Sake got the wife tuned up pretty good. The club after was fun and we had a great night.

3/28- up early and took a cab into puerto Morelos for some shopping and to get away from the resort. What a great little fishing town and the people were so friendly. Cabs from breathless to PM are $24 each way. Plenty of cabs to get back for the same price. Had a good ceviche at the pelican restaurant. Back to the pool at breathless for another day of partying.

3/29- sleep in and leaving day. Walked around, actually sat in a beach chair and relaxed before our flight. Got back to Tijuana at 10pm. Walked through the cbx and was in our car by 11.

Final thoughts- would we go back? Probably not. The new rules really messed up one of my days of vacation. We had multiple discussions with many others about this. We all felt like we were constantly being watched. I pay a lot of money to go on vacation to party, let loose, and not worry about things. Constantly worrying about getting in trouble at the resort isn’t enjoyable. If we decide to go back, it will be to temptations.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    The TR above is exactly the same as a conversation Stacia & I had with a fun couple who had screwed up their vacation and opted for Breathless... while being fun-loving, sometimes naughty crazy people like we can be.

Note: We had this conversation on the beach out and down a bit to the right of beach access at DRM around 2:30 in the afternoon. Stacia & I didn't have a stitch of fabric near us, I think "our" closest cotton/rayon/spandex was about 100 yards away. This couple was in (him) square-cut briefs and she in a Wicked Weasel I think it was.

They were out walking the beach, a bit depressed about their experience and noticed (how could you not, eh?) the naked people out sunning, walking around (and sometimes other stuff) on the beach next to Breathless. This was before the two resorts (I am guessing about this) did the little climb-over "wall" thing at the meeting point between the two beaches.

They, and remember this was even Before the new corporate changes, were really upset as Breathless had been sold to them as a direct competitor to TTR in all ways by whoever it was that took their money, while all the time saying that Breathless was much more modern and upscale (it certainly was then, and probably is still by a bit, reno or not). They had been to TTR once a couple of years before, wanted to go back, got shifted to where they were and they were hating it.

So... conversations like that, and Trip Reports like the above, indicate that it is not our choice for spening our time and cashola.

3. socalrivercpl

Ratings:
    +217 / 0
    It’s really unfortunate because 3 years ago we went to cabo and absolutely loved it. I’ve posted about it before. That trip I gave 5 stars on trip advisor. Just posted my review this morning on trip advisor and gave it 3 stars. We still had an amazing vacation and can have fun anywhere we go. We just know where we won’t be going in the future.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 2
    That’s too bad sounds like it changed or you had an off week. We have been there twice but not for a year. It could get pretty sexy but without the frat party atmosphere that TTR has. The big jacuzzi used to be open 24/7 with drinks served but I know they changed that. That was the best topless fun time. Sexy but not obnoxious. The night club was hit or miss. Some nights were much better than bash, other nights were empty. The dark seating/stripper poles were nice. Food, service, and amenities/quality of construction at breathless is definitely hard to beat.

5. socalrivercpl

Ratings:
    +217 / 0
    Yeah beautiful property that’s being mismanaged by rules. If they got rid of all that I’d go back in a heartbeat. We still had a very sexy time and met tons of good people so it’s not a total loss.
    I have to say it seems like maybe some real bad things happened. They have no drug use signs near the beach, the weird no topless in the pool signs, and made us sign a waiver we wouldn’t consume illegal drugs. A total non-issue for us but made it sound like some bad things happened to make them so uptight about everything.

6. ThumbsUp

ThumbsUp Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Tough to hear reports like this. We went last year and aren't gonna make it back this April due to family schedules, but we had a great time and are always eagerly looking forward to our next get away. The topless-allowed atmosphere last year was probably about the right mix for us. An upscale resort, good amenities, good food, good drinks, nice rooms and a fun group of people checked all the boxes really.

We've done Desire and Hedonism multiple times each, visited TTR (haven't stayed there) and we like the sexy atmosphere that a resort can have and that's a huge draw for us. But while those places are fun, we did find them all a little over the top at times and maybe also a little one dimensional occasionally. MrsThumb doesn't mind being exposed one bit and, in fact, enjoys the attention. Being topless at Breathless was a lot of fun for her (and me) because women without tops there definitely stand out. And we met a good selection of other fun sexy people at Breathless as well. Converting a few modest girls into topless aficionados is something she really enjoyed. She also personally enjoys hanging out with other couples more when the guys aren't showing their cranks. We are aware that TTR also fits these criteria, but frankly we found the atmosphere at TTR a little too frat party-ish. That kind of party can be a lot of fun, but if we're gonna spend a week at a resort, then someplace more like Breathless is in our wheel house.

Maybe we're a bit too much like Goldilocks searching for the "just right" place, but it's disappointing that the atmosphere at Breathless has changed. We were hoping that maybe Breathless DR would be our next fun place to visit.

We're always on the lookout for new fun places to visit. Toplessness or nudity is definitely a plus. We'd love to hear other places you've enjoyed. Our hope is that the winds of change can move the needle a bit more back in the other direction. Maybe we're being too picky. We may end up back at Desire again and that could certainly be a good time.

7. socalrivercpl

Ratings:
    +217 / 0
    So everything you just said is basically what we wanted. I guess we are searching for a unicorn resort. Sexy atmosphere, party if we want it and a good mix of people to meet. I know how the wife taking her top off can be contagious for other women, but no topless in the pool makes that impossible. Our friends are going to breathless cabo for the 4th year in a row, maybe it will still have the same vibe as before. That may just where we will end up if it is the same.

8. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    TTR is whatever you want it to be - that's why it's so great. Some days we frat party - others we reg party and still others we mellow. Same at night. You'll always find a mix of people in each category each day/night. Most importantly you'll find cool hot people...haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice