Alot of TTR vs desire. Can someone explain RM vs Pearl?

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by CaraEric, Apr 29, 2015.

1. CaraEric

CaraEric Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are definitely doing a combo trip. We went to TTR last year and loved it. But we can see how it makes up for luxury with the party atmosphere. We want to have a few party days and then spend 4 nights at one of the desires. I have been reading comments but I am not exactly clear. Sounds to me like pearl is the most luxury. For the nights we are looking at there is not too much of a price difference between Pearl and RM. Does being the most luxurious mean its more boring? Is there still a good time to be had? Still people to party with? Is RM more of a party than pearl? Is it a younger or older or mix at either resort? Is it super open and no judgey like TTR. Do you have to be a size 0 to feel comfortable?

We appreciate your thoughts. We have 4 kiddos and need an amazing vacation!

2. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    We know people that love both sites for different reasons. We have always heard that RM has a better party vibe but nothing like TTR. Just like anywhere else, it is about the crowd that is there at the time. We have decided to finish out our next TTR trip with two nights at RM. but we are ot going until October. Sorry

3. thehogsters

thehogsters Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Ow wow we were thinking of doing the exact same. Was going to do all RM but TTR looks likr a great time at half the price. I wonder how much extra the transfer cost?

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    So I think the USA transfer to TTR cost is usually $55 right? And to Desire is usually $65 or $70? Transfers between the two via taxi is typically $40. In October we paid USA Transfers $105 from airport to TTR, TTR to Desire pearl, pearl to airport. So maybe we saved $5? But we didn't like having to advance schedule a time for pick up at ttr. We were in the middle of a heated beer pong tourny and wanted to stay longer.

So for our trip next week we have a transfer from the airport to the cancun hotel zone then from Desire rm to airport for $60. We will get a taxi from the hotel zone to rm for $40 when we r ready.

5. Love&Luck

Love&Luck Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We just returned from a trip to TTR where we took advantage of a complimentary day pass to RM. We were on the property from about 8:30 until 5. We also had friends recently split their trip between TTR and Pearl. They didn't like Pearl, it was too quiet and not fun enough for them. They actually asked to go back to TTR for their last two days. RM was very nice. Yes we've heard Pearl is the most luxurious but RM is plenty nice. Again we weren't there for the night but what we came away from it with was this. The beach is good, the water though was very weedy. If you like laying on the beach its awesome. I you're an ocean swimmer, not so much. the nudity was no issue really. It was about 50/50 and nice enough looking folks. The food is better, not substantially but definately better. Then we get to the jacuzzi lounge. It is spectacular. The view is amazing and if you want to get your sexy on you definately can. So in summary, TTR is more social and there is far more energy, lots more people to potentially hit it off with. RM is classier and definately more for the swingers/swayers and those that want to get their sexy on.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  6. Bob & Angela

Bob & Angela Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You are correct about the people. RM does have a good party vibe. Bobby & I finished our last trip at RM after TTR. It was fun but also quite relaxing before going home.

7. CaraEric

CaraEric Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to book the first week in October i think!

8. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    We are officially booked at RM for October 6-8.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice