Tucancun **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. JustLivinLife

JustLivinLife Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were just there, checked out on Friday at noon. We had NO problems at all, and had 2 rooms. The problems seem to center around groups of teens/young adults. After seeing how some of them behave, I almost understand. The hotel is in good condition, the beach is awesome, pools are great, food was fine (nothing spectacular, but I've had far far worse), and drinks were plenty strong. My kids fell in love with this resort and are already planning a return trip for next summer!

2. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    last time we went we had no problems either.. the teens and big groups that destroy the property did.. but ofcoruce they think they did nothing wrong! they was destroying a BEAUTIFUL resort!

3. muddysuzi

muddysuzi Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drinks

I have been to the Riu Cancun but our group is looking for a little less hotel for less $$. We are thinking of going to the Tucancun. From everything I have read it sounds perfect for us. Few questions if anyone can please help?

What type of beer do they serve? We would like to be able to drink Dos Equis, Tecate etc.

Wine? I love wine but know the varieties are usually one type of red and one type of white in these resorts. Do they have more?

Are you able to wade in the ocean? I know the Carribbean side is very rough. Just wondering if it is best to just sunbathe on the beach or if you can wade out into the water?

About reservations: When you make a reservation at a restaurant do they bring your food out in courses? We made reservations at previous all inclusives and we LOVED how they did this. MUCH better than buffet style.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I scanned through all the posts in this forum and could not find any info on these topics.

Thanks!

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We shall be there March 15-22nd WHOO HOO

5. seasonality

seasonality Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Water

So, do all rooms have a stocked minibar? And do they stock a couple of bottles of water in it every day?

We are scheduled to arrive in May and are a bit nervous after reading some pretty negative reviews.

6. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hiya

does anyone know which UK tour operators have this on their books .. i cant remember who i've been with previously and i can't find it on any of the website (probably just missed it)

thanks

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes the rooms have minibars.

What bad reviews?? I wouldnt listen to the bad reviews...If you wanna hear bad reviews look up the Oasis Cancun..

8. seasonality

seasonality Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cell Service

Anyone know if Verizon cell service works in Cancun?

9. Bridget

Bridget Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe it does. You can call Verizon and they can set you up with an international plan for like a month or something to cover when you are there. I believe there are some stickies at the top of the Cancun Info or Breakers forum that also explains some options about using cell phones in Cancun.

I do use Verizon as well and I did recieve a call without the international plan, but I didn't try to dial out.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bridget

10. Snowfog

Snowfog Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sunshine Club - Barcelo Tucancun. How do u book the villas?

The Barcelo Tucancun has a number of 2 bedroom villas called The Sunshine Club. I've been to a number of travel websites as well as timeshare rental websites. So far everyone I've checked has no villas available for rent, for any timeslot.

Has anybody stayed in one of the villas. I would appreciate any info on how to go about renting one. We really want to stay at this resort, but we need a villa.

Any info appreciated.

Rgds

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice