Your thoughts on Barry Bonds

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Fletch, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So now that he is the home run king*, do you feel any differently about mr bonds*? I have a video from when I was 6 years old playing baseball in my front yard with my brothers, and called myself Barry Bonds, and as irony would have it, ended up hitting a homerun lol. Now, with all the steroid talk and everything, I cant stand the man. It disgusts me that he is (for now, until Arod beats him) the home run king, and even more that he passed my favorite team's greatest player, Henry Aaron. Was good to see Hank such a class act, even though he disagreed with what went on, still had the class to send a video message to Barry last night. Really pointless post, i know, but I wanted to see waht everyone else thought......and did anyone else see it live, I turned it on about 5 seconds before he threw the pitch to him, so it was kind of exciting to see.....

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have never liked him. He will always be "suspected" of using steroids. But, he has never been found cheating or convicted of any crime. He is a good player, he owns the record, give credit where credit is due. Congrats Barry Bonds.

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

That's all I got to say.

4. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spending my time outside waiting for hockey to start...

5. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I couldn't have said it better Fletch. Hank is such a class guy and it comes through every time he makes an appearance somewhere.

As a lifelong baseball fan it truly disappoints me that such a monumental even is so tarnished. Regardless of whether or not Barry was/is juiced, it makes me sad that its hard to be happy about the record being broken. Hopefully the next person to beat the record will do so with a cleaner track record than Bonds.

6. btodde

btodde Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Fletch- there has been no proof of steroid use. They have even tested him and it came back negative. I believe they have even done a lie detector test and it came back that he wasn't lying. I think the media loves this controversy and ags it on.

You have to give credit when credit is due. And I think he deserves the credit.

When Mark McGuire was accused of steriod use, no one was hating him. People were still in love him.

What is the difference? Really.

7. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its gonna be a good year.....LETS GO PENGUINS!!!!!

8. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    woooo pens!

9. soccerscott15

soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    btodde-
    You may be correct that Bonds has never been "caught"; the facts remain that the circumstantial evidence is too overwhelming to ignore that he has used steroids in the past. You don't go from 22 years of age to 40 putting on 30-40 pounds of solid muscle, while not sustaining any career ending injuries without some sort of performance enhancing substance.
    That being said- yes, it is a major accomplishment breaking the record; but there will always be an * next to his name.

10. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm surprised Hank said anything, especially....

"My hope today, as it was on that April evening in 1974, is that the achievement of this record will inspire others to chase their own dreams."

sure kids, juice up, achieve your dreams.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice