"You didnt build that"

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    One of the most annoying 'debates' at the moment. Seeing all the silly comments and meme pictures on my Facebook page - kind of infuriating.

What part of Obama's speech do Republicans not get?

2. MandZ

MandZ Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 1
    the part they dont get is the full quote....every media outlet was putting out simply "you didnt build it on your own"...obviously every person in the world has had people help them along the way....still doesnt make obamas views on spending and handouts any better....

3. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The problem I see is that people are reading it with their ears. Not that many people would take the time to actually read a speech that was given, they would rather hear the spoken word which can seem misconstrued. Especially if you have felt as though you have been wronged by that individual.

Whatever the case may be, the people that continue to hold that opinion and firmly believe it, are the same ones that are too stubborn to believe there is anything other than their way. Soon enough they will eventually fall flat on their face and bitch all the while, wondering why no one was there to help them up.

I am a firm believer in doing stuff "on your own" and learning the hard way. But that is all in context. Just because you go at an individual task alone, does not mean that you are a pioneer. It means that you have a strong will and are self-motivated. The quote though is very true. Not only in America, but in all existence, someone did lead a charge. That person though, learned something from someone or a little bit/several pieces of an art from multiple people and put it all together to make a masterpiece. If they were even lucky enough to make a mistake along the way...... now they just became teacher!

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The whole system, much of it taxpayer funded and government provided, creates the environment in which businesses can flourish. Simple example is the whole system of law and courts without which there would be chaos in doing business.

The very term, "free enterprise", implies lawlessness in the marketplace and requires the antidote of well written laws, effectively enforced.

Fox News, with its constant message aimed at undermining the very institutions which make the country work, comes close to advocating anarchy.

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Since nobody did anything on their own and the only reason they succeeded was because they happen to be in the right environment... what hasn't EVERYBODY succeeded?

I mean if I'm nothing special, then why hasn't everyone achieved what I have?

If it not anything I have done then everyone should have succeeded and I really don't need to support anyone else because if they didn't get it done it's because they didn't try.

And if they don't care enough to try why should I care about them?

Jamie

6. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Wow! As a person who started my own business over 30 years ago and who still has a business, and who grew up in a family business that has existed now for over a hundred years I guess I owe it all to our wonderful government. Let's see, that's the government that tells me who I have to hire to meet quotas for a particular group even though there are better people out there who aren't part of the quota. That's the government that provides almost two years of unemployment insurance so that people don't have to work and then we can't find qualified people to hire. Oh, and lest I forget, that is the same government that when we find people drawing unemployment fraudulently, they tell us "We don't have time to check it out."

Let's see, there must have been a special teacher. I wonder if Obama was referring to the drunk teacher or the drug dealing teacher who couldn't be fired because of tenure that the Democratic Party clings to some tenaciously. Our roads and highways that have to be constucted by Mafia controlled unions which cost the taxpayer double what they should because of the union labor that just so happens to contribute heavily to the Democratic Party so they must be so important to my success. Our legal system is another fine example. I was just sued by a crook because I wouldn't prepare a fraudulent tax return for him. Oh, but in the Obama world that protects me. Oh yes, the trial lawyers also are very heavy contributors to the Obamas of the world.

For those of you who don't have businesses in the US, let me fill you in on a the reality. Our idiot government doesn't help us "build this" but they hinder us big time. From an out of control OSHA, to a burdensome tax system that penalizes those that hire and rewards those that don't, to a system that has layers upon layers of regulation that make no sense whatsoever but serve only to employ people who are too damned incompetent to hold down a real job.

What don't Republicans and those of us in business get? We don't get a chance to build and expand because of the clowns that are in office and that's starting with the ultimate person with zero business experience who is at the top! If Joe "the blooper" Biden wants to see who is really in chains he need only look at those of us with small businesses.

Obama tells us we didn't build this and we owe it all to others, particularly those that contribute heavily to his re-election. Interesting comment from a man who never had a real job in his life. I guess when you like to refer to yourself as the "Black Jesus" that gives you license to say almost anything no matter how ludicrous it might be.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  7. lowrider86

lowrider86 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Damn!! I agree 100%. Twin your My HERO!!!! My busines it way down and all the help I had 30 years ago is still here, NONE. I'm ready for a change!!

8. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I was just out in Elkhart, Indiana which used to have a thriving RV industry and now has a glut of empty buildings and unemployed workers. While there I saw a billboard that I will try to quote as best I can, "The Navy seals saved America from the biggest threat it has faced. Now in November the voters can save America from another threat!"

A lot of people aren't aware that Obama's closest adviser is a woman by the name of Valerie Jarrett. Valerie was born in Iran. Purely coincidence I'm sure.......Riiiiigggghttt!!!!

Just remember Lowrider, you and Jamie and I had nothing to do with our businesses and their successes. It was all the work of our beloved leaders and their wisdom.

9. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    I really hope that's dark humour... The fact that one of his advisors is an immigrant really shouldn't be an issue whatsoever. Especially in a nation built by immigrants.

The last time that kind of bigotry, not going to sugar coat it but if being an immigrant from a certain part of the world is enough to condemn a person I can't call it any other word, was used as a valid political argument Hitler was consolidating power in Germany.

For whatever reason worldwide politics has gotten a lot more divisive in terms of cultures which is just sick to me.

Honestly I don't know how you guys can handle congressional elections every two years and a presidential election cycle that lasts more than a year on its own. It's waay too easy to let issues get superheated during that time!

10. slore19

slore19 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Stuff like this makes me laugh. I have yet to talk to a person that calls themself a dem or rep that has agreed with what their candidate has done after they elected them. They will all fall victim to the money, because that's the only way to get things done in the corrupt government WE all elected. Over the last 4 years it has been down right embarrassing to listen to adults act like children and not allow something to pass just for the shear satisfaction of watching someone else fail. To associate yourself with that type of behavior says alot about your as a human being. Those politicians are not in it for the citizens, only for self. If you believe that they are looking out for your best interest, you need to wake up.

**This message was paid for by Slore19, and I approve this message**

and Steve didn't build this website, vBulletin Solutions did......LOL j/k

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice