Yellow fever vaccine in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by altkatty, Apr 30, 2015.

1. altkatty

altkatty Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now i'm in Cancun and soon planning to go to Colombia-Peru-Bolivia where i need yellov fever vaccination.Does anyone know where to get it in Cancun?

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    My wife got this vaccination at Sanitorio No. 2, which is immediately behind ISSTE on Av Kabah.

As I recall it cost about 800 pesos.

The vaccine had to be specially requested so the process took a couple of days.

Be sure to require that you be given a certificate of vaccination.

3. Stanley01

Stanley01 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just saw this thread and thought I would add to it. I just got a Yellow Fever vaccine (Stamaril) and a Typhoid vaccine (Typhim Vi) in Cancun. En Espanol, this is "Immunicion Fiebre Amarillo" and "Immunicion Tifoidea".

I visited a private hospital that sent me to Hospital General, but they didn't have it either. They said that these immunizations are only done at a private facility by appointment. They got in contact with an authorized private "vaccinator" (doctor or chemist, not sure). I arranged it same day, she met me at Clinica Morelos on Av. Comalcalco (taxis will know it)

Provider met me at the clinic, and gave me the shots and gave me documentation. She also said I needed to go to some government office to "register" that I had the vaccine, but I didn't quite understand this. Cost was 1000 pesos for the yellow fever shot and approx 650 pesos for the typhoid shot. Cash only.

If you want this, best to get in touch with the provider directly. Her English is very basic, so best to have a Spanish-speaking person arrange it:

Contact is:

Ma. Esther Guigon Lopez
    cell: 9983 19 60 20
    email: vacuna.protege@gmail.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice