Xel-Ha/Tulum?? Yes/No??

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by SouthernMiss, Mar 26, 2013.

1. SouthernMiss

SouthernMiss Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Everyone,

Besides Isla Mujeres, which we are definitely doing, this is the one excursion we cant quite decide on. We will be there for 7 days, so figured this would be a way to break it up, though between the resort and the sister property it seems like we might be ok. June I know is going to be extremely hot, so crazy hiking sounds less and less enticing compared to lounging at the pool where we've already paid for all inclusive as well. I dont want to miss out on something I would regret not seeing though.

For those who have done it, was it worth the $$ and a whole day away from the resort? Would we be missing out by not seeing the ruins and just doing Xel-ha if we went that route instead?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. tigerjohnni

tigerjohnni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd say go for it, if your first time in cancun, its always cool to see and do new things, go on 2 excursions and then relax and party at resort, and maybe even head out to downtown cancun one night to the clubs, like the city or coco bongos

3. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Xel ha is pretty cool but it's super expensive. It's up to you.

Honestly a week goes by soooooooooo fast. So fast that we had to switch to two week vacations. Now this year is only a week. I better not blink! lol. I just wanna be there and I'll be happy. Maybe I'll lose my passport so I cant come back. haha kidding.

Definitely go to Isla Mujeres and La Isla shopping mall (a few minute bus ride away from GP) The flea market by the clubs is pretty entertaining too. HEY YOU... I have what you need!.... then another guy in another store is like NO I HAVE WHAT YOU NEED. Oh you are so pretty. blah blah. lol. I need to video tape a walk through. It gets annoying by the end that you want to slap people haha. I just don't talk to them unless I want to buy something <3

they also have some pretty cool stores at Plaza Forum by the sea near the clubs. Hard rock cafe and rainforest cafe are inside of there.

I personally spend a day at isla mujeres, then go on steve's Boobs Cruise, then pretty much relax at the hotel. One day during the week I go to Aquaworld and rent a jet ski. This year I want to do parasailing too.

Hopefully any of that ^^^^ helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice