Who has the timeshare/membership @ temptations?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Spyre, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Spyre

Spyre Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    And are you happy with the purchase? We just got back and loved the trip and was thinking that maybe in the long run it could possibly pay off.

Anyone have any pro's/cons for how you've used it? :flash:

2. The Original G Spots

The Original G Spots Baby G & Craig G Registered Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    Just brought it last year, so using a get away week on Nov 8th- 14th. Have to visit the office to discuss everything else in detail.

3. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The major con is you have to put out a large sum of cash. What if the place goes down in quality in years? That will make your purchase not so valuable. Also the annual fee for maintenance is something that is probably the same as if you were to stay there for a week on your own so why put the money out for a purchase and be stuck with something that you may not like later on.

4. MACLAN

MACLAN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If anything they should offer some good incentives but they really don’t overall in comparison. Being a premiere member gets you some nice comps but we ran into more people who have been coming to TTR year after year (in some cases 9-10 years) and they are not premiere members nor did they own any of the timeshares. This to me says a lot.

We have a timeshare in the states through RCI. We were going to use our points but you still have to pay on top of that. When we did the math there was a very minimal difference than just paying for the trip so we decided not to waste the points.

5. dancing sean

dancing sean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i travel by myself for a month and my membership with perks definitely pays,but if you go as a couple,you get better deals from travel agents that aren't offered to me.i am a member of temptations only and do not deal with rci.i have had my issues.i don't want to go anywhere else but here:liebe011::bash::huepfen013:

6. dancing sean

dancing sean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wrong forum,i go to cancun only sorry,but the cabos are too boring thanx
    :wuerg011:

7. Sxychgocpl

Sxychgocpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, well we bought the membership back in October in Cabos and going to Cancun this time for just over $1000 for 8 nights. So, after looking what the price would have been normally I find it well worth it! I understand at time there are deals, which make sense to use BUT you also get all the little perks that come with it. Since we just got it, I cannot comment as to how much it has saved us yet but I know its worth it to us. When we got to Cabos, they tell you about the membership briefly....we decided to do it since it would not be long and we would get something for half off...which we did the dune buggies (awesome by the way!) and the way it worked was, they met you at breakfast, you ate, chatted and it was nothing we felt pressured into...then ,they took us to the "office" which is literally on the beach, talked a bit more, ran numbers and told us all the discounts we get. For us, it sounded great..so we agreed and then from there on we were treated like VIP. We di not have to get up early and rush to grab poolside chairs as they were "reserved" for members already. So you could go down at any time and you would get an actual bed by the pool. We also took advantage of the 25% off at the spa...we got massages EVERYDAY!! For an hour massage and discount it was like just under $50...not bad! And then for dinner, we were given an additional menu to choose from if we'd like...there are little perks here and there which to me, is worth it. If you are someone only going once in a while to these places then I would say it may or may not be worth it...but if you like the VIP treatment, the discounts, then go for it! We also get to rent a yacht for 4 hours for $350 total..this would include drinks, food and can be split with other people to make your price as a couple come down..Oh, you also get the premium liquor :) And to be honest, what we paid was nothing compared to what I thought it would be....we basically put $1500 down and we pay $103 month...so we owe $5500, so $7000 is basically what we paid...not sure if anyone else has revealed what they paid but I do not care lol..its worth it to us and it will keep us coming back for more!!

8. SoCalBeachLovers

SoCalBeachLovers Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    We became members in August. We did get a free week and huge spa discounts. We are excited to use our membership in April. Were you able to do the boat in Cabo? I thought that was for only Cancun. We are also excited about always having a spot at the pool. The perks are great. We love the free internet and the extra menu. We plan to go 2 to 3 times per year. We feel we got an even better deal since they are now turning into Desire and the food quality is supposed to get better.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  9. Sxychgocpl

Sxychgocpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No there is no yacht yet in Cabos...so this will be our first time getting it. And yes, the discounts make it worth it to us. So no complaints yet!

10. michelegs

michelegs Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, we bought one the first time there for one week cause we loved the perks. The second year we upgraded to 6 to be able to bring all our friends. We love it and would not travel there without. HUGE HUGE difference. Discount shuttle to resort, they take care of all luggae and bring to room even if your on the beach if room isnt ready. Private check in the RCI room with sparkling wine and your names are on their board so they know you and your likes, our butler even booked our favorite restaurant for our second night before we got there. You get a big discount on room rates. We let friends use one of our weeks and it saved them $660 on the all inclusive rate. You get 10% off all tours, 20% off in logo shop, late check out, 15 min. daily use of spa facilities, private beach and bar with top shelf liquor and they will even bring you lunch on the beach or drinks to you in the sexy pool. You get treated like royalty. The timeshares go for alot more now. I've actually been advertising selling 2-3 of my 6 cause we only have been using 1-2 per year. We work for ourselves in Maine. Also we have no maintenance fee ever and yacht membership. Its good until 2034.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice