Where to buy good wine?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ChrisnCancun, Mar 29, 2011.

1. ChrisnCancun

ChrisnCancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have found that the wine offered at the resorts is usually not the best. So, I am on the lookout for a good place to buy wine and I figured you guys might be able to point me in the right direction. I would prefer to find one in the HZ as I seem to be able to find my way around there allot better. (whats with the addresses in Cancun city?!?)
    But if the best place to go is in the city thats fine to, I'm sure I will eventually find it. My price range is 10 to 30 US, we tend to like the dry wines like Pinot Noir, Cab's and Chardonnays but are will to try anything. Thanks for your help.
    Chris

2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a nice, more upscale liquor store called La Europea in the Hotel Zone where you can find all the alcohol your heart desires. It's on the lagoon side, right between Plaza La Isla and Plaza Kukulcan. (kilometer 12.5)

Prices aren't bad at all

It also has beautiful views of the lagoon :)

3. ChrisnCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like just what i am looking for, thanks. Do they have a spot there where you can open your wine and enjoy it while looking over the lagoon? Some of our wineries here in Missouri let you do that, Herman MO, has several wineries with gorgeous views. Thanks again Gringation for the info.
    Chris

BTW, My wife and i loved your blog!

4. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. ChrisnCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome, that's exactly what i am looking for. It will be our 12 wedding anniversary and I wanted to something like this for my wife Jackie.:wave:

6. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am curious as to the selection of wines and liquors that y'all might have in Cancun. Here in Veracruz, I cannot find certain things, like B & B, Sherry, or even Marsala wine. Either of the latter two are essential if you want to make a newburg sauce with some of the fine Mexican seafood we have here. On top of that, I also enjoy a good Port once in a while.
    Also, I am a bourbon drinker during the colder months, and all the stores carry Jack Daniels at about 360 pesos. I found one store that has Jim Beam at 215 pesos per bottle, so I buy that. I was just wondering if, due to the high tourist and ex-pat population in Cancun, if there was more of a selection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice