Where to buy diatomaceous earth

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Curiosa, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Curiosa

Curiosa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know where I can buy diatomaceous earth (non-pool grade)? I need it for pest control and Walmart said it is no longer carried in this region and Home Depot doesn't answer their phone. I know this is an odd question but just thought I would throw it out there just in case. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was going to suggest driving to Home Depot but I see you are half way to Belize. I was just there today. Maybe I can make a run by there if no one else gives you a good answer by tomorrow.

3. SCMcons

SCMcons Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You may want to try a pharmacia vetranario in your area. I have seen non pool grade at a pharmacia vetranario in Cancun.

4. Curiosa

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah. I wish I lived closer to Cancun or Playa. I'm going to the veterinarian in Tulum today and I'll ask him if he knows where I can find some too. Thanks!

5. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you find it here in Cancun please let me know where you find it.

6. SCMcons

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Curiosa, The veterinarian may be able to help. Pharmacia vetranarios are more like a feed and grain store here in the US. It's possible that a vivero may have some.

7. SCMcons

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fun,
    I've been to two pharmacia vetranarios that may have some. Both are on Lopez Portillo. One is out near the intersection of Andreas Quintana Roo east of the intersection on the south side of Lopez Portillo. The other that I buy chemicals at is on the South side of Lopez Portillo near the crucero. You may want to try some of the viveros on Bonfil. Another possible place is Todo Jardin on Palenque. They are on the same side as the Fester Paint store and Boxito about half way in between. They are mostly power garden tools and repairs at the location, but they have other locations that they will get product from.

8. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    anyone know what it is called is spanish?

9. Curiosa

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In Spanish it's called "tierra de diatomeas".

My vet was going to get back with me on where I could possibly find it although at the vivero, they gave me directions of a "lawn/garden" place in Playa where he said I have a good chance of finding it. He didn't know the name and it was off of Avenida 30 close to where two gas stations are across from each other. I'm not sure when I'm going to Playa but hopefully soon as I could sure use this stuff. Home Depot has to have it I would think. Just too bad that they're only in Cancun and Merida.

10. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will check Home Depot this evening and let you know tonight if they have it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice