Where to book flights?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    We did the Merida slog and now Jannet has a 10 yr US Visa, this opens up a lot more options to us in terms of getting home to the UK.

Since, it's new to us (flying via the US) I have little idea where to start when looking for flights, so thought I'd ask who you all use and for any web site recommendations?

One site I've found is:
    http://www.skyscanner.net
    anyone know any similar sites?

2. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve

Not sure where you are going in the US but I fly spiritair.com quite often Fort Lauderdale to Cancun. FLL is 30 minutes from Miami airport and they have deals all the time. I just paid $128 RT to Cancun for August. Just got on their email sale list

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hi Steve
    the last 3 times we have flown back to Uk we went via Philly with US airways- they are always the cheapest. The only issue this time was that due to cut backs us air have cancelled their evening flight from Philly to Cancun so we had to stay overnight in a hotel.
    Hope that helps
    Tracey
    x

4. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like travel.yahoo.com for a comprehensive list of fares/airlines/routes (although it does not show charter flights)

5. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try using Kayak.com. It will give you all the various rates from your departure to arrival city and in say the case of NY all 3 airport rates as well. Their rates include the taxes and exactly where you can book the rates at.

6. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Steve for what it is worth many of your countrymen travel back and forth from Orlando. Many have condo's there.
    That being said they must run a lot of UK to Orlando charters etc. Might be worth a check out. I would think that you can get good rates on flights from cancun to orlando as well.

7. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jet Blue flys to Orlando.

8. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a great Site to start with to see what's out there for flights, prices and connections. I usually go to the airlines own site to book but I have booked through this one when it's been the cheapest.

This also will allow you to take advantage of some promos such as Jetblue and Spirit when you know what airlines you can use from their US cities to the UK. Hope it helps.

http://www.airlineconsolidator.com/

9. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So you have to go all the way to Merida to get a Visa? Did you have to do lots of paperwork for them before hand or just booked your appointment and took everything with you? Was it straight forward? Seeing that my son is Mexican, do you think he would also need a Visa, at least until i can get back to the UK and get him a UK passport and then i believe he would just need a visa waiver form, right?

Yes skyscanner is one of the best sites out there.

10. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also meant to ask, how much was the visa if you don't mind telling me?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice