Where is similar to Cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by XTomX, Mar 7, 2012.

1. XTomX

XTomX Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey folks,

Just wondering if any of you guys from across the pond, or even the well travelled from this side could give me any tips on where would be a good holiday kind of like Cancun.

We went for the first time last year, and absolutely loved it. It had a different feel to it and tbh its kind of ruined Spanish holidays for me.lol

Ill definitly be returning at some stage, however, I love going to new places too and was wondering are there any other holiday spots that are popular over there(N & S America, Caribbean etc.) and along the same lines as Cancun? Ie. Sun, sea and great nightlife.

Thanks.:)

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I don't think there's anywhere quite like Cancun.

You can find plenty of places in the Caribbean with similar sun and sea such as Cuba, Dominican Republic and Jamiaca but nightlife is going to be lacking if you like the big club atmosphere, and particularly the latter two are not as safe to go out.

You might give Miami Beach a try, not the Caribbean but plenty of sun and nightlife. As a fellow Brit I certainly agree once you've been here then Spain, Greece and Cyprus drop down the list by some way.

3. traveler1984

traveler1984 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have to imagine there's a few places such as Monaco or Ibiza that have to top Cancun on that side of the Atlantic. I concur with Steve about Miami, particularly South Beach. I think the Florida Keys would also classify as well. I'm not keen on visiting Cuba or Jamaica.

4. XTomX

XTomX Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replys guys.:)

Yeah we have quite a few good seaside nightlife spots around the mediterranean, places like Magaluf, Ayia Napa, Salou, Malia and Ibiza as you mentioned, among quite a few others.

We've been to most of them though and tbh none of them compare to the beauty and atmosphere of Cancun. Plus,from what ive seen in Mexico you dont have anywhere near as many groups of loudmouth idiots running around at night. Tbh thats one of the main things which has put me off spanish/greek/turkish nightlife resorts after seeing how much nicer things are on a night out in Cancun. Everyone just seems to be out for a great time and no trouble.

As for Monaco, I would imagine a night out there would probably cost about a months wages.lol

Ive been doing some searching online about Cuba but it seems the nightlife there is more traditional and what 'familiar' nightlife there is seems to be alot more low key than whats seen in Cancun.

The search continues!:icon_biggrin:

5. traveler1984

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun during spring break (late February through Easter) can be a bit yobbish, especially at about a half-dozen hotels that are besieged by collegians.

As for Cuba, I prefer not to give money to governments who oppress citizens and deny them the most basic of human rights.

6. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you asked good question and I have been trying to find similar answer but I have been unsuccessful so far.

Pros about Cancun:
    (1) Cheap and affordable All Inclusive deal any time of the year
    (2) Excellent night life
    (3) Party atmosphere day and night at majority of hotels

Cons about Cancun:
    Some ripoffs but pros overcome cons by big margin.

Now, we also tried to find similar place like Cancun and believe me, we are still trying...but we just couldn't find one.

Bahamas is too honeymoon and family oriented. Dominican Republic and Cuba are far far away and too expensive.

Ibiza, Bangkok, Amsterdam and Barcelona do have kick ass night life and hotass girls but it's too far and expensive form USA.

South beach and Vegas is only close to Cancun night life but they are too expensive.

I want to explore Puerto Rico and Costa Rice nightlife. They might be good but I fear I would be bored in day time.

7. traveler1984

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't see Las Vegas being more expensive than Cancun. I actually think Cancun is arguably more expensive than Las Vegas.

Ibiza strikes me as fun. I'm sure there are a few other Italian or Greek islands that offer the same experience too. Beirut is a good town for nightlife as well.

8. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drinks is Vegas night clubs are expensive. When I go out in Cancun night clubs, I pay all inclusive tab between $45 and $55 and all my drinks are paid off until I leave club.

Vegas clubs don't work that way and one bottle of corona is $10 (just example of one drink) This was two months ago in Jan of this year. That is expensive to me. And most clubs won't let single guys in, you gotta be with a girl to be in the clubs.

Air tickets and hotel prices are resonable but night out in good upscale night clubs could get expensive. And Vegas don't have same atmosphere of Cancun. Too many tourists comes to bet or gamble or to pay for girls. But, different people have different taste. I would choose Cancun over Vegas at any given week.

9. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and yea Ibiza is fun. Night out in Ibiza is too much fun, great music, great people, great beach and great party. But those type of vacation requires at least 2 weeks of time to fully enjoy. ha ha...I can come to Cancun on Fri and bounce on Tuesday....just around the corner, ha ha...

10. traveler1984

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with you that the open bar schemes of Cancun are unprecedented; they certainly aren't found in many other places. So in that respect I do concur that it may be more expensive in Las Vegas.

However, I know for a fact that hotels and air fares to Las Vegas are substantially cheaper than comparable costs of getting to Cancun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice