Where do I find the good stuff?? Tequila

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Denise-n-Jayson, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband is looking to get some CasaNoble and Don Julio 1942 while we are there. (1942 is $120 here in the states)... He's not trying to get a bargain, necessarily -just to find them.

Anyone know?

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Denise,

Don Julio is Dany's favorite and I think we've bought it at both Wal Mart and Chedraui.

I know Duty Free in the Cancun airport has it too if you're looking to bring it home and not drink it while you're there.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La Europea has a really good selection of tequilas. They are located across the street from Walmart downtown. La Destileria is a restaurant in the hotel zone that specializes in tequilas, they offer samplings and tours and have a good selection as well. I love the regular Don Juliio and the Don Julio Anejo, but haven't tried the 1942. Beautiful bottle!

4. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How is the 1942? can you really taste the difference from the regular Anejo or reposado?
    What is the cost of a 1942 around cancun/downtown?

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to recommend Corzo Reposado. Now do understand that I LOVE Don Julio, all of their tequilas are wonderful. That being said, I have recently compared several brands of tequila and have reached a conclusion that surprised me.

Corzo Reposado is the best tasting Reposado in that price range. Now I would like to compare it to other reposados, perhaps to Don Julio 1942 sometime in 2007.

212eric

6. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chedraui, Super Walmart, or Carrefour.

7. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I truly appreciate all of your insight... Hubby is still slightly perplexed..

We are looking for the good "sipping" tequilia. Don Julio Anejo is great - for shots and mixing.. Hubby says not so much for sipping. (he has a special palette apprently :roll:

He likes the Corzo, but again.... not so much a sipping tequila... (I'm clueless here!)

Specifically, do you know where 1942 or Casa Noble is sold?

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just the obedient wife... HA!!

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Denise,

Try La Europea across from Wal Mart downtown.

They have an excellent selection.

9. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Will do, my dear.... Thanks so much.

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    De nada mi amiga!!! De nada.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice