What's the crowd like?

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by ThumbsUp, Dec 31, 2017.

1. ThumbsUp

ThumbsUp Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We're looking at booking a trip to Breathless RM. Wondering if there is any time when the population of the resort might would skew a little bit more towards the "fun" crowd.??

We don't need the whole resort to be a TTR or Hedo scene, but it would be nice to have a few "leaders of the pack" to get the party started. It's tough to tell from reading reviews online what the atmosphere is like. Some say boring and dead, others complain about being too rowdy. Are there any travel groups that have dates scheduled?
    If we could guarantee at least ten to twelve ladies unafraid of partying with their boobs out, I would rest easy knowing the vacation would be a good time. Mrs Thumbs is quick to join the crowd but reluctant to be the first one to strip off.

Does this description ring true with anyone else here?

2. BB2006

BB2006 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    We went last October 2016 and had a great time.
    We are booked February 17-21 this year.
    There were several topless ladies while we
    there! Wife feels the same way she will join in but not going alone.

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Just a question, have you ever been to Temptation and/or Hedo? Reason I'm asking is that the two resorts are way different from one another. I'd say that the only thing that makes them similar is that you will probably see boobs out at each of them. Other than that.....

Why not just hit the new TTR and guarantee that you'll have a good time?

4. ThumbsUp

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Been to Hedo, been to Desire (not TTR), multiple times each place, obviously it's difficult to compare and contrast. Each resort can definitely vary week to week depending on the particular crowd each week.
    The main beef she has had with each place is that they were both a little clique-ish. The swinger crowd kind of had a bit of a weird vibe that put her off. We did have fun at both places and met fun people at both. We did engage in some "reigndeer games" at both places. It isn't that we're against anything like that.
    The main thing she would prefer is a resort that hits our demographic (30-40) and is a classy fun resort that can be a bit sexual in the undercurrent vs. a resort that has the sexual tone first and a resort second. She has always had the feeling that we aren't quite "swinger certified" to hang at resorts like those. I'm not sure if that description rings true with anyone else here or not. I think you're right in saying TTR might be the best choice, but given the current bad reviews on TripAdvisor and her past perception of Hedo and Desire, I was thinking Breathless could be a good choice and a good time, especially if there are some other " certifiably fun" topless ladies to get the party going when we visit.

5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    While staying at DRM the past couple times, we'd go strolling the beach and we'd meet and talk to couples from Breathless. Yes, it was ... interesting to be walking the beach naked and stop to talk with a fully-clothed couple and not miss a beat. Not bad, not weird... interesting.

Both times we did that we were told that there was no toplessness going on at Breathless, which to me was a bad sign. It is of course allowed, and of course people have gone topless there, but still... that's a crapshoot and you could guarantee a good time of the type you are looking for at TTR.

The current bad reviews, my own stuff included, are attempting to explain (for the veteran, old-timers who've been going to Temptation from back when it was Blue Bay Getaway) the "changes" to expect when they get down there. Note: We all went, and we all had a good time of exactly the type you wrote you are looking for, it's just that the construction has some issues, the staff has some growing pains, and the shiny new boot doesn't fit quite as nicely as the old, nearly worn-through boot did - if that metaphor strikes a chord with you.

IT's still a great party place, it's still a sexy good time, and the sexual undercurrent is still lively and strong as ever.

6. ThumbsUp

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks for the replies.
    I would agree that TTR would be the ultimate solution to guarantee the party atmosphere/sexual vibe. We have definitely experienced it at other resorts. It might be asking too much, but we would like a little bit of the best of both worlds. Some of our best experiences have been at "vanilla" resorts cutting loose with some of the "naughty" couples looking for fun.

We have heard/read some good reports about Breathless that sound promising, but like all forums and websites, it's always tough to tell if what you're reading is one person's exaggerated fever dream or something that is an actual representation of what will go on if we book a trip.

More input is always helpful! We realize this is a TTR-centric forum, so information on Breathless isn't as plentiful. And of course the experience at each resort varies from week to week. If any more couples have experiences to add that would be great. And if there are any semi-official travel groups/weeks at Breathless (like there are at Hedo/Desire/TTR) those would be nice to hear about as well.
    Glad Stacia and John have added their first hand poll results. I'm hoping Stacia has signed up as a census worker in our neighborhood!

7. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    I have posted a couple reviews of breathless rc from two past trips. It is a 5 Star great resort but the fun is really controlled by the crowd. Sometimes not much different than secrets/excellence...other times was pretty wild with plenty of naked boobs, thongs, and some other body parts flashing...

On our first trip the large jacuzzi was open 24 hrs. Lots of late night fun after leaving the disco. Now if you want to swim after 7 you have to get a swim out room (ask for building 5 ... it’s in the topless area).

We really like BRC but we have already stayed there close to 25 days already but will prob try TTR this June before we are too old.

8. ThumbsUp

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks all for the continued replies.
    Maybe others can add what the "temperature" was like when they visited Breathless.
    I guess you could say we're looking for a Goldilocks trip, not too hot (TTR), not too cold (Secrets).

9. solsticeSassy

solsticeSassy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,424 / 1
    we been to Breathless in Montego Bay so can only comment on the atmosphere they are trying to sell as a brand. Breathless focus on being a music center scene, their techno music gets very old very quick. We go on party vacation to mingle and meet new people Temptation is the only place we found so far where most talk and mingle with most.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. Vikingman162

Vikingman162 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It will be our first time to a Breathless Resort. We booked and Exhale room not sure if its worth it or not. Thought that way if it got to old at the techno side we could move to the quiet part. Will see how it goes. very excited though. Its been three years since we were in Mexico last. cant wait til Feb 16

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice