What hotel??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by carrie82, Jul 27, 2009.

1. carrie82

carrie82 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am planning to go to Cancun on holiday in August I have been a few times with both times staying at the Barcelo Costa. I stayed in it the first time when it was run by the Real group which I thought delivered far better service, food and drinks. I stayed 2 years ago when by then Barcelo had taken it over, the rooms were beautiful and I absolutely love the location only real gripe I had was drinks or food were not as good, although I would still stay there! I can get the Riu Cancun at the same price and now I am confused about where to stay I hear facilities and food etc are gr8, but rooms arn't that good and air con is terrible. Can anyone please give me some welcomed advice regarding which one I should stay in!!

2. Razor

Razor Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I'd check the reviews back on the Hotels forum.

3. Master Shake

Master Shake Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm new here -- just signed up, and have been reading through the posts.

Most of the posts in the Hotels forum are very old (~2005?) and a lot of them reference hurricane damage.

Has the east side beach been restored? Many of the hotels also seem to have changed names/ownership as well, so I too would be interested in some current (~2009) hotel reviews.

Thanks!

4. Razor

Razor Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Try TripAdvisor.
    I'm not picky about the hotel, just happy to find a bargain price and return to Cancun!

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I would suggest the Riu Cancun, VERY nice hotel and in a central location walking distance to the market and party area!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice