WHAT ARE THE GOOD/BAD MONTHS TO SWIM IN CANCUN?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by misterno, Aug 9, 2007.

1. misterno

misterno Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I checked a couple of wesbites for sea temperature but still not comfortable. Any ideas what months I should be avoiding to swim in Cancun?

I am planning to fly to Cancun around November. But I can change plans.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For me, the pool water in Cncun in November is just too cold to get into.

But the ocean is usually warmer than the pool although I'm not sure of the exact temperature.

If you're looking for the warmest months then Novemeber would not be your best bet would be avoid November through mid February.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've never found the ocean to be un-swimmable, we swim year round without complaint. I don't think it's ever cold here, though January and February seem to have the lowest temps, like I said, it's never too cold to swim.

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You might want to pay more attention to the months agua mala is in season. Can be anywhere from April-June. Best thing to do is ask the lifeguards if they've encountered any lately.

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We swim @ ocean and pools the 12 months, sometimes need a little bit more of moevement to keep warm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice