What are the common ways that people split up their trip between resorts?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by channel12, Apr 10, 2018.

1. channel12

channel12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    Just got back from another amazing week at Temptation but this one really did a number on us. We had promised even after our previous visit that seven days in a row is just too much for us as we never take any downtime. But when we booked, well as they say it was a good idea at the time.

So, the next trip we'd like to do something like 4 days at Temptation to go crazy and then 3 days at Desire to wind down. I know this is common as I see it a lot in people's posting. My questions are what is the easiest way and also what would be the most cost-effective way?

I already imagine the top answers being travel agents and/or Referrals. I've never gone down either of those roads so looking for all and any input. Thanks in advance.

2. Deleted member 22979

Deleted member 22979 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cost effective for us was booking during cyber sale. Every 3rd night free left alot of room in the budget for Desire at the tail end of our trip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    One trick that had worked in the past was to book a long holiday at TTR during peak demand months and have your last 3 or four nights ending on a Sunday or Monday.

Price difference between TTR and Desire in the past was much more significant than now.

TTR would at times ask people to willingly go to Desire at no added cost as they had oversold TTR. We took them up on his as soon as we learned about it and on each trip we’d always offer to go to end our trip.

Sometimes it works and sometimes not so much. But when it did you save $$. Also included was free transport to Desire from TTR and back.

Think we got our first 12 or 15 days at Pearl this way over 4 or 5 trips. Once had to pay to stay extra nights instead of good my back to TTR to end our trip.

Pearl trips convinced us to buy in as members so we don’t go this path anymore and heard that in March or Feb some folks took the offer as TTR was overbooked.

In my opinion it would likely only work during end of April and October

Good luck

4. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    We both tend to stay at the same resort , more fun that way .

5. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    We were asked to go to DRM end of Feb.....didn't quite get u
    why...they said it was full at TTR.....but sure didn't seem like it.
    We figured it was a lure to get us back to DRM, bcuz we did same week last yr at DRM.
    And at that time with TTR shutdown premier tried to get us to switch and make DRM our home membership instead of TTR.
    We declined the move.
    But then a big group of SFX (like over a hundred) came in for a night and lame private party and reception and then desended on Bash after 11:00 looking totally out of place.

So I guess they needed all the rooms they get free up for biz purposes.

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We book via discount sites. They typically have the same deals TTR or Desire has plus more. For example, Desire some months run a buy 3 get the 4th free promotion. Done this in may, August and October.

So we book TTR via one reservation on a discount site like CheapTickets.com. It is to begin with at a cheaper rate than the TTR website. Then by signing up to receive promotions on the discount sites website each week they send us coupon codes like 16% off. So we apply that to 3 or 4 nights at ttr. Then we book 4 nights at Desire for a time when they have the buy 3 get 4 free and again apply the 16% off coupon. We setup USA Transfers from airport to ttr and desire to airport. And take a taxi between the resorts (there are set posted rates, always pay in pesos) as with a taxi you can decide what time to go last minute. You may be in a hurry to check out Desire and want to go first thing in the morning or not want to leave friends and go over as late as possible.

We also try to be sure the nights at Desire cover a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. As every night at ttr is a good party but there is a good difference in party atmosphere and occupancy at Desire on the weekend compared to a Monday / Tuesday.

Long answer. But done that like 4 or 5 times now and it is the best economically and maximizing the fun for our likes.

7. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    We're doing 6 nights at TTR (arrive this Friday) and then 6 nights at Desire starting next Wednesday. Desire is the perfect combination of party and relaxation for us. At TTR we feel always "on" and in party mode and no down time. At Desire we can sleep in a bit, chill for the afternoon, have some fun at peak hot tub time then have dinner and enjoy the shows and disco. We did a week at Desire when TTR was closed and it was so nice coming back from such a fun vacation and not feeling wiped out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice