Went to Cancun Last Year, Now Where??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jsharpe, Jan 24, 2010.

1. jsharpe

jsharpe Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Everyone! My friends and I are still deciding on where to go for spring break this year. We went to Cancun last year and it was amazing! but we want to go somewhere new this time.

We were thinking maybe Nassau or Montego Bay? Basically anywhere is an option except for Florida. Any suggestions would be helpful. Its hard to find a good place other than Cancun, especially since there aren't any good message boards for other places like Cancuncare.

I did hear Nassau could be a little boring. We need a place with a good mixture of things to do during the day and obviously a good nightlife.

BTW, we're a bunch of college students...

Thanks for the help!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. Nuno

Nuno Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cancun again for sure

if its in the budget go to europe.

3. coby

coby Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd personally recommend against Nassau -- when we were there, it was fun during the day and really boring at night. There were some party spots, but few and far between and nothing like the night life in Cancun.

4. Sierra

Sierra Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I know you said not FL but Panama City Beach is awesome! Also South Padre Island texas is pretty cool. Try tripsmarter.com they have some amazing SB forums for places in the US

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you shall go to Cancun again for sure

6. jsharpe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha Cancun will definitely be a spot I go back to several times since it was such an awesome time, but for now we're looking to try something new.

We're also trying to go outside of the U.S. and yeah Europe is a bit expensive. Thanks for the advice on Nassau, that's what I heard too, anyone else feel this way?

Also has anyone been to Jamaica or Mazatlan?

7. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't hear many people going to Jamaica at all anymore, and I don't know anyone that went for SB. How about the Dominican Republic? Cabo has a good night life. Seach the web for SB Tour Companies. That will give you a better idea of places.

8. army21

army21 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    come on back to cancun!! its worth it :doh:

9. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Its your group that makes the trip what it is.

Lots of places choose from and just depends on what your looking for. You experience spring break in Cancun which is one of the most popular spring break destinations. Lots of everything in a nutshell and all centrally located.

Jamaica is always fun though it isn't exactly the easiest to get around and you don't have everything (ie:clubs/bars) in one spot. Negril is where I'd recommend going in Jamaica. But remember Jamaica is little more unruley(not sure how to put in words). You gotta watch yourself in alot of areas. Being your men your much safer then the women. But I've always had a blast in Jamaica. Never been during spring break but anywhere will have influx of spring breakers during the month march.

Bahamas I can't really comment much on besides what my family has relayed back to me over the years. Which doesn't equal the information worth while to spring break. Expensive at bars and resturants is one thing to take in account.

Cabo I've heard is a great time. Though depending where your staying it can be more work getting to and from where the action is. That would be really the only negative. But you'll be sure to have a lot of spring breakers down there. Lots of west coast students will be there.

Ever consider like Aruba?? Had some friends that did that trip one year for spring break and they had nothing but good things to say about it. It wasn't packed with spring breakers but more then enough people in there age range everywhere they went. The bars/clubs had an excellent men to women ratio according to them. They said the tool factor was very low.

Same guys also did Rio a few years back and said it was epic. But you need to know what your getting into going to Brazil.

Not sure if your into skiing/snowboarding but some of the ski areas throw some killer spring break bashes.

Just remember where ever you go its the crew your with that will make the trip what it is. Right group can go to Bismark, ND for few nights and have a blast.

10. jsharpe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is very true. We were considering Cabo and Aruba, but it kind of just fell off the map. I'll look into them a bit more. Thanks for all your help and please keep the suggestions coming, it is very helpful!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice