Weird Ladies-night Event At Halloween Time

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ScubaSteve, Mar 26, 2021.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I am all for everyone doing whatever they want at Temptation, and all groups being included and being able to setup special events if they so choose.

But does this event seem a little out of place to anyone else, especially at a high vet and repeater time (which is normally sold out)?? It's not like it's at a slow time, and trying to increase revenue. I don't really understand how this fits into trying to increase/attract/improve to a more upscale and younger demographic.

upload_2021-3-26_13-11-48.png

Anacondas at 3pm? I hope they got the proper reptile permits. I'd recommend going to Xcaret Park if it's wildlife you want to see on vacation.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    Curious to know if the resort is aware? This May be something they’re just putting together on their own. I can’t fathom the resort would shut any piece of resort down on Halloween for any outside event but I could be wrong, it happens

3. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Sports bar isn't even consistently open. So I would figure the event planners would be setting it up ahead. Plus if they are bringing in entertainment, and a reptile exhibit, they couldn't just walk right in if they aren't guests.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    True. Odd there’s no website just a gmail account and a phone #. That’s Greensboro NC area code, not too far from us. All around just weird lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. BamaCPL

BamaCPL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 1
    I agree! Not a good look for the resort!

6. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    So based on a brief investigation, the following are my guesses:

1) This is set up by a travel agent/event planner in NC and not anything officially endorsed by the resort (although maybe they have agreed to let them rent/use the Sports Bar). I have recently seen where a travel agent with a large Instagram following basically created an "event" where you could join them and their spouse on a TTR vacation.

2) They aren't speaking of reptiles :D

7. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    travel groups do this sort of thing all the time .. we went to hedo once and a group there did a party within a party
    if the sports bar is open that night they could just go in and do it .. as long as they didn't actively try to keep non group members out they wouldn't care .. our group has taken over the sports bar a night or many lol
    and well since it isn't open all the time now they may have let a group do a take over extra money is always good

8. dallascpl

dallascpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Lol I couldn't tell if you guys were being sarcastic or really thought someone was bringing in a reptile exhibit. I googled the xxoticskies group and it went straight to this facebook page.

XXOTICSKIES Cancun Getaway OCT28TH-NOV1ST

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Yes, I was being sarcastic about the reptile exhibit, hahhaha. But that's an interesting link and Facebook posting.

It's a good thing Steve regulates the Boobs Cruise list. Because I'm not sure:
    "ALSO AVAILABLE IS THE FAMOUS
    *Boobs Cruise* !!!
    ALL LADIES ONBOARD ARE TOPLESS, UNLIMITED DRINKS & FOOD(EVERY MAN'S FANTASY)"

Is the way he wants the cruise promoted.

10. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Well if Covid doesn't ruin plans, I'm booked in for my first trip over the Halloween break this year. I hear Halloween itself is an event not to be missed. Why on earth you'd want your own party on the same night? I bet it costs an arm and a leg too. I wonder how much it actually costs to host your own event in the Sports Bar or Rooftop Bar. It's not something that's ever suggested as an option for us regular folks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice