Week 8 Trip Report 2014 (way overdue)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by 1st_Mate, Mar 15, 2014.

1. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Trip #7 to Temptation/Blue Bay was underway on 2/20/2014. I normally do not bore the readers with travel details to the resort but I since there have been so many travel issues, I decided to add a few things for the newbies.

We left St. Louis on the edge of a thunderstorm at 6 AM. It was a rocky start but we were out of there unlike many from other locations. We were the first plane into the Cancun airport and I recommend early flights if you can get them. We breezed through customs in record time and we were at the back of the plane. We hit the red/green stoplight for the 16th time. Fifteen times we scored the green light. #16 was red and we were told to put our stuff in the x-ray machine. I thought that this was not too bad but then they put our stuff on the table to examine the contents of all three bags. I really have nothing to hide but hoped the toy would go unnoticed. I don’t pack underwear so I wasn’t worried about that and all he did was a quick look and say, “shoes, shoes and more shoes”. Yep! After this quick search, we stopped in duty free and bought a large bottle of Grey Goose. We hurried past the timeshare folks with nary a look and there stood our USA Transfers guy with our name on a board. We were taken over to the lot where Funjet was waiting and I told them we would not be riding with them. He looked at USA and asked if we were going with them and I said yes. He reminded me that it costs extra and I told him that I was aware. At this very moment, the USA van had arrived and my luggage was on board. Sorry Funjet customers but we have been in that situation. We happily pay $55 for a roundtrip private transfer to get our party started much faster and this time was the absolute fastest ever. We landed in Cancun and checking into TTR in less than an hour. Amazing but the factors were the first plane in that day, I am sure.

Check in was smooth but our room was not ready. The first six times, we had a room upon arrival. We always arrive between 10 AM and Noon. We grabbed our suits and headed out to the pool to find our friends. Tom was worried that he would have to hold back the party because he wanted to be able to get the room before he was tipsy. I was fine with that as it was only about 10:30 AM. The Sexy Pool was just getting started, I was sure and they said we could get our room at 1:00 plus it was lingerie night. I cannot miss lingerie night and I had an awesome mesh thing with attached stockings. I could not wait!

After picking out one of my many new MS suits, we headed to the pool only to be met by our friends, Dan and Christine. They arrived the night before. We headed out to see many of our other Week 8 buddies. We met some more that day, as well. I could not wait to see Jess and looked all over for her. Where is Jess? Where are Dave and Audrey? I usually add names but this year, I probably will not as I am afraid to leave people out. I will say that there were more Jeff’s, Jen’s and Kelly’s than I have ever met before. We would meet someone and it would be Jeff and Jen or Jeff and Laurie or Kelly and Janae or Kelly and Steve or Joe and Jen….Anyway, you get the idea. Many times, you are a little drunk when you meet someone and the next day, you are like, uummm…what was their name again? Jeff and ? Jen and ? Kelly and ?LOL We just started introducing ourselves and then saying to just remember TnT. It worked because later we would see people and they would yell, “TNT”! They might not have remembered what the T.’s stood for but they remembered the moniker. I also never found Jess that day because tight and bright the night before go to her. [Symbol] Not sure about D & A. We had a great day at the pool, got our room at 1:00 and decided to head back to our room at 5:30. I had not unpacked anything and wanted to rest up for lingerie night. We decided to meet up with everyone at 8 and head to lingerie night. Back at the room, we decided to lay down. Bad mistake as we had to be at the STL airport at 4 AM and could not sleep so we were wiped out. We took a nap and woke up at 11:30. I missed lingerie night. DAMN IT!!! We decided to get some cheeseburgers. I took a whore’s bath,put on a cute outfit, threw my hair up in a twist, put on some heels and we headed out ready to party at midnight. At Paty O’s, we did not see anyone we knew at first. We started sipping on our drinks and noticed our friend, Ryan dancing. Tom knows that I am a dance freak and told me to go and start grinding on Ryan. Challenge accepted so I run over all giddy and start dancing up on him. All of a sudden, this bulldog, I mean, this girl starts freaking out on me. Ryan turns around and in that second does not recognize me. I hardly ever wear my hair like I did that night so I get that look but in like 5 seconds, he realized it was me and told this bulldog, I mean, girl that I was ok. She said I was “Stranger Danger” and that she was watching out for Ryan while Jess was in bed. I told her that Jess loves me and I was ok. I told her that my hubby was right over there and he told me to go dance with Ryan. She took her two fingers and pointed at her eyes and then pointed at me to tell me that she was watching me. LOL! This is how I met Laurie. I told her I was 1st Mate she introduced me to her husband as 1st Mate. His response was….wow, you look 10 years younger than your avatar. My thought was….damn, I need to change my avatar or wear my hair up more. This is how I met CaptainMorgan. I have to admit, I did not dance anymore as I felt like I was intruding so I went back over to Tom, got another drink and was stopped by a guy who would become someone we really enjoyed getting to know. Jeff, another one from AZ asked why I had changed. I said that I had not been at lingerie night as we passed out. We met his wife and another beautiful couple from Tampa. We enjoyed talking to all four for the rest of ours and their trip. We headed to bed around 4 after enjoying our cheeseburgers. This would be our latest night.

The next days are a blur for the most part and not because of alcohol but because I have been to this resort so many times. The next night was my drunk night or what friends know as Tiffani is out to play. I was mostly sober the whole trip except for the first pool day and the second night. I had some fun pool afternoons, as well but kept it together very well. I had one slight hangover after white night.

I put on my red dress for red night while getting ready. It was little and cute and itched like a bitch from the scratchy sequins. I knew I would be miserable so I took it off and wore a black/white number. We met up with J & T from MN and another couple from about 10 miles from my hometown, Janae and Kelly. They took an appropriate pic of the girls before we ate that night. I have one picture from this trip. We are so afraid to have a camera that we just do not bring one anymore.

White night ….I may have the red and white nights mixed up. I know that on white night I was drunken fun and a dancing fool. I smile at the memories I have of that night but they are definitely blurry. I did get to hang out and dance with Jess, Dave and Audrey before they all left the next day. I told Jess about the bulldog, I mean, Laurie and she was apologetic for not putting me on the “list” of girls who were okay. (side note: after getting to know the bulldog, I mean, Laurie, I found her to be quite nice, cute, sweet and super funny)!

School girl night. Jess was going to leave me hers but we both forgot. I wore a sequin dress that had a grey cami dress underneath it. It was so hot, I took off the sequin part of the dress and danced in a grey slip. Not the cutest outfit but I was comfortable. There were some hot outfits on that night and made a mental note to find something fun for next time.

As the week went on and more people left, the vibe of the place changed. Sure, there were still many familiar faces and we met some more that came in later but it just seemed quieter. Maybe we got quieter and we do not need to stay as long. We cut the trip to six nights instead of 7 but thinking a couple long weekends 2 or 3 times a year might be better. The trip is less than a 3 hour flight for us, like going to Vegas but in the long run, cheaper. We are looking at going in September or October for a long weekend. We just looked a prices and it looks awesome right now.

Since this trip report is way overdue. I am going to submit it and then post some reviews of other things like food, service, etc.....
    Before we forget to say this.....AGAIN, we met some incredible couples from all over and we are so glad to have met you. We hope you take us up on the boating at the lake offer sometime. Some couples we met there over the years have come down and have had a blast. :ernaehrung015:

2. Kelly&Steve04

Kelly&Steve04 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +220 / 0
    Great trip report!! So nice to have met you two. Hope to see you again in February!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 1st_Mate

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    It was nice to meet you both! We hope the rest of your trip was great and the weather continued to be spectacular!

4. 1st_Mate

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    I have been known to say that I am not there for the food. I am a foodie though but this is my fun, drunk, friends, let loose, be crazy, act like a kid, who cares what anyone thinks trip. It is not about the food. On trip #7, I ate more than I have ever eaten before. I never got sick either from food, drink or a virus. I enjoyed the food more than I ever have before. I do eat a lot of fresh cukes and tomatoes. They are always fresh and cut up for me like I wish would magically appear in my fridge daily. I always love the Asian place and the Italian. Tom is not a fan of the Italian but he has yet to try the right thing. He is not all about the 2 hour dinners either after a day at the pool. I get that but I also like it so we compromised this trip. I had a few nights in specialty restaurants and he got the buffet. Unfortunately, on one of the buffet nights, it was Indian or something so we ended up at The Tex Mex. Reservations for restaurants changed this year to telephone arrangements. We never called. We just showed up and asked for a table. Many times, we were told 10 pm so we went to the buffet but we got lucky a couple nights.
    Our room was in the 4000 block on the fourth floor. I did not mind climbing up to the 4th floor but it is not for everyone. The balcony faced the road. This was a first and I have to admit, I did not like it. However, I did like the room a lot. It was spacious, clean and everything worked. So for that, I will happily take a balcony facing the road. We have had a Jacuzzi room by the quiet pool a few times and I love that area but the rooms are small compared to the room we had in the 4000 block. On vaca as opposed to other times in my life, I am kind of messy so a larger room made it seem like we were not messy at all. The bed was super comfortable this time, as well. No complaints on the room except for the view but who is in their room much anyway unless you have a Jacuzzi. More nice aspects to the 4000 block is how close it is to the pool and how quiet it is in that area. The bathroom area was nothing special but it did have a separate room for the large shower and toilet plus everything worked. The property itself is falling apart. Red paint is chipping off the buildings and it just looks in general need of a facelift.

One morning we went to the front desk and there was a flyer offering a move to Desire. We talked about it and decided the next morning to go for it. I have friends who have been there and told us the property is much nicer. We were told that we would be moved for two days and then back to TTR. Tom went to the front desk in the morning and they told them the offer was off now. Moral of this story is do not procrastinate when you see one of these deals if you have ever wanted to see what their sister property is all about. Maybe next time.

5. HnJ

HnJ Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks for the report. We enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you guys!

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Thanks for the report. I think you two would fit in perfect with Octoberbreast! If you are just doing a weekend that 3-5 weekend might be perfect. HnJ you two better find a way to join us again even if it is just for that weekend. We are trying pearl in may. It sounds like we will love it. If so we still have to spend some time at Octoberbreast. Fun group. So we will be at TTR either the whole week of Octoberbreast 3-10 or TTR for 3-6 then pearl for 6-10. Thanks for sharing the details of your trip!

7. Kevin_Ailsha

Kevin_Ailsha President of the Fireball Nomad Trailerhood Registered Member

Ratings:
    +514 / 0
    Great trip report. Wish we had been able to hang out with you two more. You mentioned the blurry memory of meeting new people. It was not until looking over our pictures that ailsha informed me that my fellow drug dealer and you were 1st_Mate. We would have no hesitation hanging with the Octoberbreasters but our schedule
    puts us there sept 15-20. Hopefully we will run into you two again sometime.

8. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Great TR..We have to agree with you on the food..For some reason this last trip the food was so much better than ever before..not sure why but we didnt have a bad meal once and everything tasted really good. And yes we stayed in the 4000 block to and noticed a couple of buildings with big chipped paint chunks out of them..nothing a couple of gallons of paint cant solve

9. Mr Kentucky

Mr Kentucky Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice Trip Report Mrs T, I think it's about time that I post my 1st ever Trip Report Myself. It was good seeing u guys & gals again.

10. 1st_Mate

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Thanks! If we do that weekend, it will be like 10/3-10/7 or we may do 09/18-09-22. H&J...I will send a pic. Also, find us on FB. We are planning our trip with some others we met and already knew from before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice