Week 8 2021

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 1st_Mate, Feb 7, 2021.

1. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    So, we are experiencing a global pandemic and so happy we can fly to our favorite resort. No one is chatting about their travels unless they are cancelling. Who’s headed to Temptation the last week of February?

2. muskyfins

muskyfins Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +250 / 1
    We're there until the 23rd.

Is week 8 still a thing?

3. Connie Balusek

Connie Balusek Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We are there the 21 to 24th

4. funcouple81

funcouple81 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    We are! Not much left of the week 8 crew we got in on years ago. Or at least they've moved dates, or canceled this year because of all the bs. But it's looking like we'll be over 20 Iowan's strong this year!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. 1st_Mate

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Well, we are all still friends, but life threw some curveballs, some venture over to Desire. We were partying there for many years when it was BBG. Looking forward to sun and fun. Some lake friends just returned. They said it was slow during the week but the weekends were busy. Have fun at the Shit Show!

6. brent&kells

brent&kells I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 3
    Week 8 peeps are definately the true OGs of Temptation from before it was even called Temptation.... @1st_Mate is a perfect example.

Usually get to talk/party with a few just before we leave as they are just arriving. If u think Temptation is fun/crazy now, ask for a story from a week 8 original.

Great people and it's always fun when our weeks overlap.....kinda like 2022 will......cant wait!!!

7. Laid Back Lenny

Laid Back Lenny Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0
    Although not original week eighters, like 1st Mate and her captain, we go back to 2010. The last 5 0r 6 years, we have slid back into the shit show and spent week eight or the first week in March on Isla recuperating. It doesn't matter which week, the party still rocks. Unfortunately, this year Covid has us grounded and trying to keep our cars running (-28 night before last). I am also looking forward to the two weeks somewhat overlapping and the two groups coming together. All you that are able to travel, have a blast as always. Hopefully, next year we can meet again.

8. 1st_Mate

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    It’s a great party the last two weeks of February. Even if next week is slow, I am looking forward to the sunshine and relaxation. Work has been super stressful for both of us. I do not know how I’ll get through the next two days of work.

We are not original Week 8 people. We started going to BBG (Blue Bay Getaway) after Christmas and the weather was iffy. We met some fun Iowans and Minnesota folks who told us the weather is pretty great at the end of February. We started going in February and haven’t looked back. Some of the original Week 8 folks dropped from the timeframe due to health reasons, death, or other personal reasons. I love it when the Shit Show overlaps. We have met some fun people who go that week. Sad for our Canadian friends.

Lenny....it’s cold a few hours south, too. Planes are flying. Pack your bags!

9. 1st_Mate

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Lenny...I am sorry. I just read that COVID has you grounded. Hope you guys are ok and just taking precautions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice