Wedding Planner

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ToriB, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am hoping that some of you may have some connections or expierience with a Wedding Planner here in Cancun. I got Engaged 2 weeks ago, :liebe011: and wanted to get some ideas going...figuring everyone has to come to me and they want prices and such. I have been online the last two days, and all I could come up with are companies that are in the US. They will be no use to me. I would like to deal with someone here, and someone that speaks English. I am thinking there has to be a few of those around since this is a major destination for weddings. Any info you can pass on will be greatly appreciated...as always.

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats!

I don't know anyone, but if you want to do one of those nice weddings on the beach, I'm sure any of the big hotels could help you arrange it or at least point you to someone who can..... or someone who could arrange another sort of wedding.

If all else fails you can always go to Vegas :xyxthumbs:

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Again, congratulations, ToriB! Wish you all the best.

Do you know where you want to marry, exactly, and how many guests you'd like to include?

We got married on Isla Mujeres, so we know something about that....There is a fine fellow there, Felipe Biermann, who manages the Sunset Grill. A real gentleman, he's from Columbia, and speaks English perfectly. He is capable of organizing everything, and has packages that are reasonably priced. We had a really great experience getting married here, and at an embarrassingly small cost, all in.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and just think.. if you have a nudie wedding you won't even have to buy a dress :bootyshake:

5. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your warm wishes!!!

I have a friend who who works for one on Isa Mujeres, but I really don't want to do it there. And I know I could go knocking on the door of hotels, but their packages are arranged for tourists. Most don't have a pick and choose option. We are only in the 2 week stage, and haven't picked an actual date, and the guest list will be dependent on that and cost. So that is why I would like to sit down with someone who works with different vendors so I can see what my options are. My only request is that I have a DJ. All the Destination Wedding I have ever been to, were at a resort, and you just had dinner in one of their restaurants....and that was it. That is LAME!!!!!!!!

6. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As much as I LOVE your ideas....Vegas is out cause I don't feel like dealing with Visa issues right now. And I am soooo looking forward to dress shopping!!! But keep the ideas coming. One of them might be gold!!!

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ToriB - The US Fiance visa might be easier to get than if you marry here and then try to get him a Hubby visa. Not sure about that, but it might be worth some research ahead of time.

Congrats! I'm very happy for you.

I think that SusaninCancun knows of someone good who does local wedding planning.

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Isla Wedding

We hired golf carts for the whole wedding party to ride, caravan style, to Punta Sur, for the wedding ceremony, and back, late afternoon. Then, the guests had the use of the carts for the rest of the 24 hour rental period.

Our after wedding celebration included two hours of unlimited drink options open bar, followed by multi-course sit down dinner on the beach, choice of deserts, choice of wine with dinner, champagne toast, wedding cake, live music, flowers, with tables and chairs dressed for the occasion.

Cost was under $65 USD/guest, all included; plus, of course, the golf cart rentals at 350 pesos/24 hours- in case cost is a consideration.

[I know, ToriB, you said you weren't interested in getting married in Isla: I included these details for others who might be considering a wedding in this part of the world. For those, if you wish to be married under Mexican Law, there is an additional official fee of just over 3,000 pesos for two foreigners to marry in Mexico.]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Rivergirl wrote:
    Definitely useful information, but only if one is planning to go to the U.S., marry, then live there, permanently- as the future spouse cannot spend much time out of the country on a green card, without risking losing it.

10. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks RG!!!!!! I am still in shock. The only problem with the whole Fiance Visa is that we would have to stay in the US. And right now, that is not something we are ready to do. It's so ass backwards that it's easier to get that then to get someone you are already married to a Spousal Visa.
    There is just to think about....and I don't know where to begin. Let's see if Susan replies or I will send her a PM if not.
    You will be hearing all my woes on fb...don't you worry!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice