Weather, Oct 16

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by V, Oct 16, 2015.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hurricane: Infrared Loop - NOAA GOES Geostationary Satellite Server

The swirling clouds you see in this satellite image, which cover much of the Caribbean Sea, are bringing large amounts of rain which probably will continue for another day or two.

In the Gulf of Mexico, meanwhile, a storm is building up near Veracruz, Mexico, which could contribute to the weather here but is predicted to deal a heavier blow to the Gulf Coast of the U.S.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/mx/veracruz/236233/weather-forecast/236233

Scroll down the page to see the images, and predicted path.

2. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Oct 18

The stormy conditions continue. Click here, then scroll down to the satellite image. Click on it, then zoom out and move the image to where you can see all of southern Mexico, west coast to east coast. The stormy area is about two thousand miles wide and includes Cancun.

Cancun, Mexico Enhanced Weather Satellite Map - AccuWeather.com

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    In the previous post notice the large storm that is just off the coast of Quintana Roo. It has been hanging out there, and more or less over Chetumal (the capital of our state) for the last 2 1/2 days. It is bigger now than before, but hardly has moved, something I don't usually see here. We're just getting rain from its leading edge, now.

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Oct 20

The storm system we were following has now moved further south, and dissipated, to a degree. As a result, we had a beautiful, sunny day today, from around 10 AM.

This is the depth of the low season in Cancun. With it comes some stormy weather, at times, but it is a great time to be here when the weather clears: you have the beaches and other facilities largely to yourself, and hotel rates are never lower. This is the time when we head for the AIs to enjoy a "minivacation."

It's part of the pleasure of living here, as we have now done for six and a half years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice