WARNING - BE CAREFUL OF SERGIO PILITI'S FURNITURE STORE

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Sep 3, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am hoping to have this resolved by Friday but at the moment I have been waiting just under two months for some furniture I ordered from the Sergio Pilati store on the highway in Puerto Morelos.

They also have a nice store upstairs at Gran Plaza.

Short version to date is that they did not have the stuff in stock. It was supposed to be there in less than 2 weeks. By the time it got to Pto. Morelos it was impossible for them to deliver it before I headed to the states for 9 days. I called them Thursday after arriving back here on Wednesday and the earliest morning delivery was today and not only did they not show up, my stuff was not even loaded on the truck. They were also going to call me if they could get it here either Monday or Tuesday late afternoon or evening. Of course I got no call about those 2 days.

To make matters worse their phone at the PM store has not worked for the last two weeks. So I have had to call the GP store and they contact them by radio phone or carrier pigeon, not sure which. There is zero follow up or communication until I went there today and threw a screaming fit at some innocent clerk in the GP store who had nothing to do with the transaction or the delivery. This was after they told me that the clerk from PM would call me immediately from her cell. After 45 minutes I was at GP and not a happy camper.

Besides having some stylish and not so cheap furniture they have some really hot sales associates, but their results and communication and ability to solve problems have yet to be proven to me.

Let's see what happens on Friday. I am promissed a noon on the dot delivery. Fat Chance.

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    TJ
    we also had delivery problems with the store in Gran Plaza. Then we threatened to cancel the order and suddenly we had our furniture delivered the next day.
    Good Luck
    Tracey
    x

3. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will have to do some further research on the sales associates...

4. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    UPDATE:

Well it is 2:20 and still no furniture. I called the Gran Plaza Sergio Pilati store and they had the salesperson (Leonor) call me back. At 1:15 she was going to call the driver or her boss or someone and call me back. An hour later - NOTHING.

She did say that I was the 2nd order on the truck and the first delivery was an noon. Hey, I was supposed to be the first delivery.

AVOID SERGIO PILATI FURNITURE - GRAN PLAZA, CANCUN & HWY 307, PTO MORELOS AT ALL COSTS

@#*&;<>?$#%^(_%$#

5. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hate to say it but this really is not unusual!
    Altimus have always been really good - but lots of places just don't have the customer service we want. If you called at 1.15pm and were told they would call you back - well don't forget lunch hour falls in that time so you haven't a hope in hell. That was the problem I had with Home Depot not so long ago. I was calling on behalf of some friends and had to call so many times to get an answer. It's so frustrating - I was almost crying by the end of it (ok maybe i have pregnancy hormones as an excuse)!!

6. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, Jen, I started a new thread. They called at almost 4 pm and were lost, but they were close.

3 of my 5 pieces were damaged and 2 of them were matching pieces that did not match. Now they want 6 more days to make it right.

My g/f is telling me to go to Gran Plaza and demand my money back. For this, I need help or the headline in Novedades may read:

T.J. ARRESTED FOR MURDER

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Profeco.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice