"Veteranos Plus" Running Club

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, May 31, 2010.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I don't know how many readers are at least 60 YOA and enjoy running for exercise but, in Mexico, events often have a classification called, "Veteranos Plus", for those of that age, both men and women. My wife and I will be running a 5K race next Sunday, in Playa del Carmen, and there will probably be other, older runners there as well.

Even if you're not 60, or older, they'll let you run anyway!, and the race coming up will be one of the few this summer, so take advantage of it, if it sounds like fun. Perhaps we'll see you there!

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/liv...ya/16309-5k-run-play-del-carmen-june-6-a.html

2. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    eh, I'm only "masters". :) I work pretty heavily on the weekends so I won't be running (except early in the morning) but if you'd like to head about 15km south of PdC and visit I'd love to meet you. email is best jamnkats arroba (you know, AT) gmail dot com.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hope your calf injury is behind you, now, so you can get back to some serious training for the 2010 Maraton Nocturno in Cancun, this December!

We'd be happy to see your part of the world, Kathy, next time we're looking for an outing down south.

Don't know if there is a single other reader, besides myself, who is 60 or more and likes to run, but I imagined if there were a few, we could get up some social activities associated with some of these events.

We've got some friends in Cancun who like to run with us, but they're in their 20-30s! Another option, since they are all ladies, is to get together an informal, all ladies team to compete in some of these events, together with my wife.

(I'd say they are mainly interested in 5-10K, rather than the longer distances, if any of the readers thought it would be fun to join them for a little exercise.)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice