Vegetation Ashore

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Rudyman, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard the vegetation that has been coming on shore for the last several months is going to continue for a year. Anyone know more about this vegetation and why?

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It's said to stretch from Galveston to Belize, covering the edges of the beaches with tons of rotting sea weed. The smell is much like sewage, and seriously disrupts plans to hang at the beach.

This is being removed as quickly as possible along the HZ but in many places the authorities have simply surrendered, the resources for removing it having been exhausted.

On Thursday last, I was told, the hotel owners met to discuss what they were going to do with a Cozumel sized floating mass of sea weed slowly making its way to shore, with arrival expected this week.

I was at Puerto Morelos on Friday, planning to eat at seaside, which proved to be impossible owing to the smell. Offshore, masses of sea weed stood at fifty yard intervals, waiting their turn to come ashore.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
  4. Tarzanjane68

Tarzanjane68 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 1
    Damn!

Thnx for the info V.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice