Valentina or Adrianna....

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by jandpyoung, Feb 2, 2014.

1. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I need some clarification on some things I am reading. We booked a standard room April 2-8th based on the pictures of rooms that were posted to CCC. Now reading, I am understanding that to get a balcony it is an additional $20 per night = $120. Then I am also understanding that if we want a room anything like the pictures posted ( a remodeled room) we have to upgrade to a 'Spice' room which is an additional $23 a night = $138. Then there is the safe charge $6x 6= $36. And because our flight doesnt leave until 5pm we will have to pay an additional $24 or sit in front of the hotel for 3 hours waiting for our transportation to arrive... So that is $318 additional to what I thought our vacation was going to cost. Is this correct or am I misunderstanding something? I just want clarification please and hope I misread some things....

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    I think you are spot on, unfortunately. We are taking whatever room we get I guess. Maybe upgrade upon arrival. It better not be the motel 6 room, lol. You know all the extras are just tip money down the drain. Really, who needs the Money?

3. jandpyoung

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I get one vaca a year and if our room looks like some of the pics posted, I am really gonna hear about it from the hubby. Im already gonna hear about it after telling him what a great deal the resort was...LOL My only saving grace is he loves some of the people who are meeting us there. LOL And I HAVE to have a balcony. Our favorite part of vaca is drinking coffee on the balcony in the morning. Not to mention, we both smoke and I dont want to have to jump on an elevator to have a cig....

4. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    I'm not sure what the answer to this question is or why everyone wants a balcony room. The room I had didn't have a balcony but instead a really large window and not having a balcony made the room larger buy about 5' or 6'. I was on the newer part of the hotel which is the south side, and all rooms are facing the ocean in full view.

The window itself has to open about 4' wide and is at least 4' high. The windows are huge.

5. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Lenni: the Non Balcony rooms have this huge window that actually opened up
    fairly wide. The extra space had room for a small desk and chair and a small lounger.

Also Agree with J&P. A million here and a million there, pretty soon you are talking about some REAL money !!!

6. babydoll

babydoll Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    There is nothing better that sitting on your balcony in the morning with a coffee and cigarette !!! and then there is the late night action that sometimes take place out there as well... :)

7. jandpyoung

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If we didnt smoke , not having a balcony might be ok but we smoke outside even at home. And I dont want to ruin anyones elses vaca by stinking up the room....

8. beachcpl4fun

beachcpl4fun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    babydoll-- Nighttime is good too, but I prefer my balcony action in the daytime :-D

9. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Great question. We were wondering the same thing.

10. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Also. How much extra a night is a bottom floor room with a hottub. Please and thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice