V - a task for you?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,232 / 14
    I received an email today from a girl in Germany seeking help with her thesis on:
    Ecotourism vs. Mass tourism: Yucatan

It's a questionnaire with around 30 questions, almost all of which I don't know the answer to without research. I dont have the time nor energy to do the research, just thinking maybe it might be something you might want to get involved with?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  2. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Depending on the depth of the thesis, I could refer her to a man I know from the UQROO out of Chetumal...met him while doing fieldwork on the peninsula and then took a course from him on Ecotourism in college in the US.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,232 / 14
    Here's the questionnaire (Word doc). Hmm, I kind of thought if I researched and answered fully I'd almost be writing her thesis for her. Thesis are something that shall long remain in the past for me. But if anyone else finds it interesting to help, go at it.

http://www.cancuncare.com/questionary.doc

her email is caroline.kranz (at) web.de

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Poor Germany, no internet.

She just needs to get to work on this. (What's the world coming to, young people expect total strangers to do their schoolwork for them?) Her good German parents would probably be appalled.

If she feels she'd like to add responses to a few interview questions to her paper, I suggest she first tell us what her research has revealed about each one; then, not dump so many questions, so to avoid overwhelming any potential interviewee.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  5. v8eyedoc

v8eyedoc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    And I always thought that most Germans were industrious and ambitious....!!

I guess what is happening in the USA with the "DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA".....is also happening in Germany....!!!

6. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, yuck...never mind. One would think that she would have the answers to all these questions through research. I just assumed that she reached out to Steve because he works in tourism and wanted an expert opinion.

And v8eyedoc...after five years living in Cancun, I moved back right down Route1 from you in Pawtucket! Small world! Saw that you're from Plainville in your signature!

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    gbchayctca, you've mentioned, on this thread or another, that you managed to keep yourself gainfully employed for the majority of the time you were here, and that your time here was rewarding to you. If you don't mind, what types of work did you find to do. (A common question in readers' minds, I suppose, and I don't remember you specifying.) Answer please, if you care to, but you can count on our understanding, if you prefer not to go into detail.

8. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope, no secret! I taught English at Harmon Hall the entire time I was here. But my first ties to the area were primarily academic, as that's how I was introduced to the area and its culture.

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks for that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice