US

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by dandj, Sep 14, 2012.

1. dandj

dandj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Target...Uninted States?

2. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    the nutjobs see the west as the enemy. They don't care if it's Canadian, American, British, German etc. We'd be better off if people rose up and protested the general bullshit. The last thing I'd do is excuse those in the middle east for going off the handle over the film this week but the idiot that made it needs to be shamed for what he did too. He only made that movie to enrage those in the middle east.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    That's it, exactly, XX.

He should be punished for it, if a law currently exists to achieve that, under these circumstances. He is a twice convicted criminal, currently on Federal Parole. He is now under investigation for parole violations for accessing the internet, and using an alias, both of which he was forbidden to do under the terms of his release from Federal Prison.

This man intentionally put the security of the United States at risk by his actions and people died as a consequence; and, for what- just to have the thrill of knowing he'd done it. It reminds me of the conduct of an arsonist, who starts fires for the pleasure of watching them burn.

We are living in exceedingly dangerous times, and everyone must exercise restraint to avoid making a bad situation worse in the Islamic world. Now, with Israel already possessing nuclear weapons, and Iran and possibly Syria trying to put themselves in a position where they could get them, cool heads all around are required.

4. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    There can be no excuse for the jerk that made the film. He is as much of a nutjob as the people who are getting all bent out of shape about it. I think we should just give him a one way ticket to.....hmmm, which Arab country do you think would "welcome" him appropriately? That would take care of the problem.

The US has always been a target. As an Argentine friend of mine used to say,
    "We love the American people, but we hate the American government!" Come to think of it, there are a lot of us who feel the same way!

5. USTWO

USTWO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    excuse me. i have to chime in on this. this is the USA and our constitution guarantees us the right to freedom of speech no mater how right or wrong it is.and if you think he should be punished for this your dead wrong. so what your saying is that we have to bow down to their ways because they dont believe in ours. i got two words for you, screw that! and if you really believe this is all about a frigging movie. your in denial. these people hate us and our way of life,and this so called movie was just an excuse to attack us. and on 9-11 wake up.ok i vented i'm done.

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Nope, don't think you'll find that in my posts.
    Actually, it doesn't, there are many well respected exceptions to the general rule that we are free to say whatever we want. We can't advocate the violent overthrow of the U.S. Government; we can't advocate the death of the President; we can't reveal national secrets, and we can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater, just for a few.

Doing what this man did puts all of us at heightened risk, and for what? What he did is akin to a small boy stirring an ants nest with a stick, just to watch them boil out of their nest. If 9-11 taught us anything, it's that those ants can hurt you, and now we have a dead Ambassador to prove it.

Respect is a two way street: if we want others to respect our rights, we have to show them some respect. As for the crazies among us, and them, we have to defend ourselves as well as we can; but, for the majority of Muslims who simply love their faith, and hate to see it attacked and mocked in this way, we can be just a little respectful.

Take the movie that was made, then dubbed to make the story about Muhammed: make it about Jesus, using the same techniques, and saying equally offensive things, the anger that those who love Jesus would feel would help them understand.

As for us being pissed, but not lashing out, I say even among us, there would be those few who would....

Here's a statement from the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, which reflects what I'm talking about- respect.

Whether they "mean it" is beside the point: to say it puts them on our side, as does their defense of our Embassy in Cairo, where they are now keeping protesters many blocks away.

It's a beautiful statement, for those who want to take the time to read it. It's in the form of a letter to the editor, NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/14/opinion/our-condolences-the-muslim-brotherhood-says.html?_r=0

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  7. USTWO

USTWO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    would you mean like the hustler issue of Christ last supper? yeah i remember the Christians taken to the streets and killing people over a magazine issue. and doing what our president did ,going and bowing down to these people put us more in danger then this fictitious movie. he showed weakness and this is what happens. you can sugar coat it as much as you like, you dont see Christians cutting off peoples head because people dont follow their religion.

8. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    pretty much in agreement

saw this thread and was actually kind of shocked beyond belief with all the obamas sounding off on here -

has anyone actually seen the movie?

let me fill you in...

its actually more of a comedy than anything and after watching you will fully understand and appreciate just how f^%&*( stupid these people really are - and regarless of how you may or not may feel about the dude who put together the movie (granted he is not clint eastwood lol)

respect them?!

lmao your f'n kidding me???

i don't respect any person whatsoever for their faith!!! especially a faith which (however you interpret it) allows one to justify barbaric behavior, slavery of women, destruction of property and murder.

the reality is he made a simple cheap ass movie which ultimately.......

..........led to this current wave of muslim extermist anger properly, allowing religous idiots to kill innocent people and destroy property in order to protest a film that basically (in a round about way) accuses them of the exact behavior they are presently demonstrating.

yeah you guys got this one right too lol

everyone jump on the hillary bandwagon will ya

- thats just brilliant and so very typical of people who refuse to accept repsonsibility for their own idiotic actions -------------------------> BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!!!

geez

rob

9. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Giant difference between freedom of speech and manipulating actors in order to provoke.

Nothing will ever justify what these protesters have done, but it takes two to tango...

With idiots like the maker of the movie, Terry Jones, etc. around, sh*t will always hit the fan.

They are highly responsible as well.

They succeeded with their "mission": To further infuriate radical muslims.

Note: There is a difference between Muslims and radical Muslims. Many friends of mine are Muslims, yet couldn't care less about this attention-seeking and fraudulent person(the maker).

"allows one to justify barbaric behavior, slavery of women, destruction of property and murder" - Ask Native Americans, Aboriginals in both OZ and NZ, Mayans, Saami people in Sweden. etc. what they think of Christianity...

Speaking of acceptance of ones own responsibility: Same goes for the maker and those whom have spread and showed the movie.

Its kind of sad that we as humans haven't come further than this, considering its 2012...

In short: What the protesters have and are doing, should never be excused, but same goes for the ones that decide to provoke. Both parts should be punished. This reject who supposedly created the film(shouldn't he be in jail for bank-fraud?) has now sparked something(and he knew exactly what he did) that so far has cost the lives of no less than 4 Americans citizens.

I hope the US will teach people the difference between free speech and this kind of unnecessary crap.

Ps. Back home(Sweden) we have free speech. Hate speech, spreading falsified info etc. is against the law, however.

10. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I'm reminded of the attacks on abortion clinics, and on doctors, including deaths from shooting, perpetrated in the name of Christianity.

We don't have to look far to find religious zealots among us, as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice