US $ vs Peso

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by MrHammy, Apr 18, 2008.

1. MrHammy

MrHammy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How is the good old green back doing in Cancun? I am thinking my cash may not go as far as before. Am I corect?

2. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    the dollar

I was just down there the first week in april, and it averaged about 10 to 1. so its still not that bad.

3. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just checked online, as of right now its 10.475 pesos to 1 USD, supprising, because approx 3 1/2 years ago it was approx 12 to 1. You can thank that jackass in the White House for that one! :finger:

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yes the US$ has weakened against the peso in the last 6 months or so, as it has most other currencies. The peso runs quite close to the dollar though so it's not as big a change as the US$ to the pound or euro.

5. RonaldNTalina

RonaldNTalina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LMAO...yes he is quite the jackass. I would love to bring Georgie to TTR and let Chinos torture him....can you imagine Georgie running around the pool covered in whipcream after loosing at Crazy Darts. :lol:

Ronald

6. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    would love to see that one for sure and they can also torture our prime minister Harper since he is nothing but a georgie clone

7. Bill&Chris

Bill&Chris Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have your fun blaming George for everything - we will see how well the next jackass does and I am sure you will notice no one satisfies everyone. Well... maybe Lalo. LOL

8. chevitz1

chevitz1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A little note about the US dollar, and Steve is correct, the Peso runs against the dollar and Mexico bases their value off of the US dollar, and that's why it the difference hasn't changed a ton. As of right now, the majority of the world basis their value off of our dollar. Here's the problem and a huge one for us in the US, because our economy is tanking, many countries are considering changing and using the Euro for valuing their dollar instead of the US dollar because of how strong the Euro is. Without going into a ton of detail.....this is a bad thing and will de-value our dollar even more if this starts happening.

9. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    We've been going to BBG/TTR since 2004 and I am pretty sure that the exchange rate at the resort has been the same on every trip (6 trips).

Last November when we went we thought the Canadian dollar may have a better exchange rate than the USD since our dollar was worth more. No such luck. The USD was still higher in Cancun.

10. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    For the last 6 years that we have been going to cancun the dollar/peso has been 10/1 to 11/1. i think that wont change much, BUT what i have seen lately was the prices go up.
    i remember when u could get a taxi from BBg to sr frogs for 65 pesos last trip it was 90 pesos. besides that the drinks in the bars havent gone up too much to make a difference.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice