Urgent imn info!!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ToriB, Dec 30, 2011.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, my FM3 is set to expire on Jan 4th. The lucky bastards at Immigration have had about 3 weeks vacation and my job has been dragging its feet with the timing. They used to use a Lawyer until they realized they can do it themselves and save a ton of $. I may need to go at the ass crack of dawn Monday morning when they open to turn my stuff in.

I need info from anyone whom has renewed a working FM3. What all do I need to turn in? The application from their website, my expiring card, passport, electricity bill.... and from the Company, a letter saying what, and their Tax info, Yes? Anything more anyone can add on?

I am frustrated over the timing, and getting a different job has been put off as well til its sorted.

HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You will be able to submit the paperwork anyday from now through and including the 3rd, if your FM3 is set to expire on the 4th.

Your list of things needed is very complete, for this stage of the proceedings, with one exception: you will need to write a letter in Spanish requesting renewal of your FM3.

Print and sign two originals of the form off the website, copy it and everything else you're planning to submit.

The letter from your company will identify you (name, passport number or FM3 number), describe your work, and state the amount of your pay. Proof, in some form, that the taxes owed on your wages have been paid will be required. (If they have been providing you documents which state the sums paid you, and the sums paid as taxes, each pay period, these will probably do the trick if you submit them.)

If they have been paying you into a "nomina" account, you should also get originals of the last three months bank statements to accompany the application.

If it fits your schedule, go in to INM at around noon, or even 12:30 PM, for this stage of the process, as you'll stand/sit around less time by far than if you were to go earlier in the morning. They serve everyone in the line, each day, but they don't allow anyone to join the line after about 12:50 PM. Get in the line at the desk where they are receiving the documents- straight ahead and slightly to the right as you enter the building (look for a sign that refers to "tramites" above that work work station).

It's easy, really, and there's plenty of time left to get it done- if you have your employer's full attention and participation. Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice