UK Election today - our next Prime Minister?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, May 5, 2005.

?

Who do you want as the next UK Prime Minister?

1. I am from the UK and want Tony Blair

100.0%
  2. I am not from the UK but want Tony Blair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am from the UK and want Michael Howard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am not from the UK but want Michael Howard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am from the UK and dont care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am not from the UK and dont care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Today is the UK Election for the next Prime Minister.

According to the bookies 'Our Tony' is 100 to 1 ON to win. First time since I became 18 many years ago that I have not voted in an election, but if I could Labour would get it, never voted any other way.

Vote in the poll if you are from the UK or not - we did the same for the US Election and we got it right.

Results start to come in at 10:45pm UK time tomorrow so I wil be glued to the internet from 4:45pm Cancun time.

Come on you reds!

2. Jan

Jan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Steve

Well I've got my voting card ready and all I can say is I hope that its NOT Michael Howard!! I can't think of anything worse for our country - no matter what peoples opinion of Mr Blair are surely they must realise that he would be worse!!

Fingers crossed!!

Jan[/u][/b]

3. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm off to vote after work. I think Labour will win, it seems pretty certain but please, whoever does win - sort the damn crime out!

Jen

4. Mike L.

Mike L. Regular Registered Member

Chicago via Nuevo Vallarta via Canada via Seattle
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    This Election....

....I am not from the UK ..but I want Steve the site owner to win.....
    Seems to me that if he can run this board he's more than qualified to solve the U.K.'s problems....His first action if elected would be to move everyone to Cancun..... :lol:

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, this might be a stupid question but I admit I know nothing baout Britain's political parties.

Is Tony Blair the Labour candidiate???

If not, what party does he belong to and what party is Michael Howard affilaited with?

Karan

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im not from the UK, but id love to see Tony Blair for a 3rd term

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Forgot to add...even though I don't know what his party affilaition is, I'd like to see Tony Blair get re-elected.

Karan

8. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    neh i dont know what party he is affiliated with either, but hes done one hell of a job so far so why not go for another

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Tony Blair is the Labour Party. Michael Howard is the Conservative Party (same party as Mad Maggie Thatcher *spit*). Charles Kennedy is the third main candidate, from the Liberal Democrats

As it stands with results coming in thick and fast Labour have 186 seats, Conservatives 29, and Lib Dems 19.

There are 646 seats total so first to 324 wins as they will then have more than 50%. How many over 324 will determine how strong the government is. Current term is a Labour majority of 160, with exit poll predictions suggesting this will be cut by a 100 or so.

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's my feelings too Fletch.

Karan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice