Ttr Security Deposit Refunds/credits

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by sdtuna, Aug 20, 2019.

1. sdtuna

sdtuna Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone else having a problem with TTR crediting back their, now $400, security deposit in a timely manner? I checked out on 8/12/19 and know I didn't break, steal, buy anything & all pool towels were returned & checked off each day. They've been sitting on my money since check-in on 8/2 and still have it. I've emailed them directly requesting immediate credit back on my card. If not resolved within a day or two, I'll have to file a claim with the card company.

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    When that happens on my accounts there normally is an expiration date associated with the change. It's in a hold status until that date has past, and then it's just removed.

I haven't had any issues on my last few visits, and not even sure there was a hold. They just had my card on file, then when I checked-out they said "you have a balance of XX.XX" (less than $400), and they I said just charge the card. Then that balance was the only thing I was charged.

3. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    They took a $200 hold in July, and it was credited back to our card within a week. I asked to see our bill, even though we did not charge anything to the room, to make sure there were no incorrect charges on it. And I brought a copy home, in case that security deposit did not get refunded.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I was there for a few days last week. They put a $200 hold on my card but it never showed up, could be it was cancelled before I checked my account though.

I also found out why sometimes they take a hold and sometimes not - as far as Premier check in anyway

There is only one person authorized to run credit cards, if that person is there they'll take a hold. If not, they don't take one.

Not sure about the regular Front Desk check in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  5. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    All the times we’ve stayed there I never recall a security deposit held. You’d think they’d be consistent but looks like by previous posts they aren’t in that regard.

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Steve...so who is that???

Can you just say you do not have your cards with you???

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Best not to name individuals I think.

I suppose you could, but why be awkward? They don't take any money out they just put a hold.

Quote:
    A “hold” is when a financial institution blocks off a certain amount of money from being withdrawn from a checking account or a credit line. With credit and debit cards, a “hold” may be placed on a portion of a consumer's credit limit or available debit balance if the final amount of a transaction is unknown.

8. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    ok thanks.
    I suppose you are correct.

I agree with the hold thing just like at any other hotel until you actually check out and then they charge your card.
    In our case sometimes they have asked for the card and other times not.
    But others have posted actual charges, etc. Makes no sense to me.
    Hence potential solution suggested.

9. lisakevin

lisakevin Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    I was wondering if giving a cash deposit instead of putting it on our credit card. Has anyone ever done this? And is that a safe thing to do?

10. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    You have no recourse if you give cash. With a credit card you can file a dispute. Keep your checkout receipt. Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice