Trip Review March 2014. GOV

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Jess_2703, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    Ok So here my trip review :)

We arrive there on the 10th of March 2014 at 9h30 AM. so I already knew our room wasn't ready. ( Not really a big problem for me. ) Check-in was fast. ( took us to the VIP Salon, because I sent an email to Valentina so I was already all set. I ask for a room who was renovated. and I did get it :)
    Then we met friends that was leaving the day we was there so we just went to a restaurant outside the resort. :)

Then, come back around 3, our room wasn't ready yet, and she ask us to wait like 5 minutes and it will be ready. I said ok. 5 minutes later we are in our room.

- Frige wasn't cold. The problem is they put it in the furnish and the door is close. So the fridge will never cold up. So we just open the door and we got decent cold water each day.

Then Unpack our stuff and went for dinner. ( I'll talk about the food later ).

On thursday, we did nothing special except hanging out in the pool and drink ( which I was sick for 2 days . :( ).

On wednesday, was sick so hit the bed for 2 hours or so and slept the rest of the day.

On thursday, still a bit sleepy and sick but in the afternoon was ok. Drank a big Gatorade. Hanging out in the pool drinking Sprite and water.

Friday, stay in the pool all day.

Saturday; went on the isla mujeres ( we did our own tour. ) Catamaran tour the problem is you don't have the time to visit the island. Also, the Boobs Cruise came to our resort And Steve ask for 2 topless and 1 naked guy.. Which nobody did of course.

Sunday, Just went for a walk on the beach. then swim in the sea and hit the pool after.

Monday. Hit the pool, aroung noon starting raining then HUGE thunderstorm so everyone was inside. And Irish people was screaming all over the place, enought to give us a huge headache. Then left at 4 for the airport.

-We had some nice weather overral, almost each afternoon was cloudy and no sun around 1 pm. So it was a bit chilly. ( But that isn't resort fault ;) ).
    - The '' exotic dancer '' are REALLY Borring. Always do the same move each night after night. They can just remove the pole dancer and put the 2 girls in a kids pool and will be the same thing. Also one of the girl Wear the same Pants for 7 days straight. That's just discusting me.

-Each night was a different show, but the way the stage is, if you're playing pool or sit on the huge couch, you will see nothing. So we didn't watch really the show. The one on Sunday is the best ( outside on the beach :) )

- Entertainment on the day was 0 to none. They have a few water exercise still which was easy. ( 3 for the whole week. ) Most parts of the time no music or borring music. Or same freakin beat all day.

- Staff, 1 was piss because I ask for maple syrup. ( he didn't bring it so I ask to someone else who was happy to bring some ).
    - Another one I ask for 4 drinks ( on plastic cup they provide ) so not even my mugs. and he was piss he told me only 2 I said Well we are 4 so I need 4.
    - The one at Mr. Wimpy was mad at me because I ask him to cook my meat better than that. ( was a hambuger and the meat was all pink . )
    - The maid come to do your room very late ( around 1-2 pm . ) so don't expect before. 1 day I call to ask her to come.

Food... Here is my huge complaint.

For the first 5 days, food was discusting. Then the following days was ok.
    The Buffet was almost the same everyday. I didn't like the mexicain restaurant. Italian, was ok, but the portion are so small you need to order 2 plates. And for our desert took like 20 minutes. But I didn't even wait for my desert.. I wasn't feeling well because it was soo hot I was sweating as hell. Did check the menu at the marrocan or whatever what, and didn't eat there. it's like a 8 services menu. You eat like everything there so I don't like to be seat in a restaurant for hours. Mr. Wimpy most parts of the week no Crispy chicken ( which wasn't crispy ... Saugy and greasy . ) and no paninis.. So you eat hamburgers and Chips. ( Make sure your burger is enought cook . ) Didn't try the white box. Pasta was hard or too much cooked. Veggies wasn't even cold ( was warm ). food can be more warmer. Eggs was not enought cook, same as the '' hashbrown'' they wasn't enought cook and was greasy. They had bacon which was so fatty. and They had french frie ( not everyday ) but they wasn't enought cook. I eat almost of everything. But I think is the worst place I never ate in Cancun. Even Mcdonald I'm pretty sure will be better. I don't like to spend 2600 $ to go there and pay like 500 $ more just to have good food. Almost everyone we met didn't like the food at all. They even found it discusting as well so I'm not the only one. :) SO IF DON'T GO THERE FOR THE FOOD PLEASE.

They wasn't alot of topless there. ( few to none each day. ) People was a bit scare to talk to each other. ( I miss Temptation for that reason :p ) And alot of judgement going around. ) I was topless on day and the day after people was looking at me weirdly not cool. Irish was a big problem there. They was really rude and agressive.

Anyways, that's it for now. I'll continue later ! I'm out to work !

2. JimCarrie

JimCarrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    thanks for the TR...

Thank U for takin the time for this tripreport. Doesn't sound like it was the best nor the worst time for U, so hope your next visit to Cancun makes up for anything missed this time at GOV. We're still looking forward to making memories of our own there end of April...

3. Jess_2703

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    Hope
    they will solve the food
    issue! Went to hooster twice margaritaville
    once !

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

4. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the TR!!! :)

5. Jess_2703

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    I forgot to mention one morning, I did want to take a shower... No more hot water.. :(

A/C it's really bad, each morning I was waking up sweating as hell.. Even our bed was wet because I was sweating ( I just slept with the sheet.

Tips : Put towel under the base of the bed if you like to have fun in your bed..

Also, the room are not very private. You can understand everything of what your neightboor saying. Channel 36 are the best. :). Not alot of power on the shower.. So cleaning your hair taking forever. the hair dryer is powerfull enought to dry my hair in 20 minutes.
    You have only 2 towel per day. and 2 hands towel and 1 floor towel
    The water smell, so make sure you don't even brush your teeths with.

If I think about other things I'll let you know.

There is also some timeshare if you look on their nametag it's said Unique... So just let them you're not interested.

6. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks for the tips. I had been wondering if I needed to bring a blow dryer...

7. Jess_2703

Ratings:
    +621 / 0

No but bring extra bounce for
    the furnish was smelling wet clothes so I put bounce and my clothes was smelling fresh :)

8. Luv_2_travel

Luv_2_travel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the TR as there are some helpful tips, but sorry to hear it was such a bummer for you. I do think that life is too short to focus on the negatives...heck you were on the beach in Cancun! Maybe a half full glass perspective is what is needed when expectations are not met or at least keep you glass half full with spirits during your trip. Most reviews have been positive (as was some of yours) and we are still planning on having a great time...boob cruising, watching pole dancers, going topless, dancing, swimming, drinking, partying, and socializing.

In all fairness, life experiences dictate what you expect and your perspective on things. We just are happy to be alive and be able to get away for a week. Not judging you or your experience, but I learned a long time ago that being positive is a choice and to avoid energy vampires. Hopefully you are well on your next trip and it is a better experience for you. Looking forward to an awesome trip in June! :aetsch004:

9. babydoll

babydoll Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Thanks for taking the time to write the trip review...sorry to hear that it wasn't all you had hoped for.

Just wandering...do you think things might have been different if you had been feeling better...no fun being sick on vacation and I don't think it would matter what resort you were at !!!

We are also TTR repeaters but will not be comparing the 2 resorts...we are very much looking forward to something new and there is a great group of people going to be there for the first 2 weeks in April...we will be bringing the party to GOV :lotsofmichaelfs:

10. Jess_2703

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    na, I was sick so I stay in the room! It was nice and relaxing perfect for people who wants to relax but for the party wasn't the best! Before To go again they need to made Major changement! ( improvement ) the beach and location, hotel are nice :) I'm not done my t.r yet I was at home at 4 am this morning Kind of tired :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice